10 Posts

Valeria: Card Kingdoms» Forums » General

Subject: New LARGE deck expansions coming soon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hahn Arama
United States
flag msg tools
I had a guide, a Bedouin man, who called me 'Abu el Banat'. And whenever we'd meet another Bedouin, he'd introduce me as Abu el Banat. And the Bedouin would laugh and laugh and offer me a Pint of beer. (cont below)
badge
And I'd go to pay them for the beer and they wouldn't let me. "Abu el Banat" means "father of daughters." They thought the beer was the least they could do.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was in my FLGS today to see if they could order the first couple of $5 expansion packs for me. They were showing out of stock on both, but they did show (2) new large expansions with a street date of October 2016. Looks like MSRP is going to be around $30.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jawby
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wow that's crazy! Last I heard they were planning a kickstarter for a VCK expansion in October but I didn't know they were going to release an expansion at the same time. This is awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for these. Thanks for the heads up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hahnarama wrote:
I was in my FLGS today to see if they could order the first couple of $5 expansion packs for me. They were showing out of stock on both, but they did show (2) new large expansions with a street date of October 2016. Looks like MSRP is going to be around $30.

Are you sure it wasn't Villages of Valeria? That has an October 2016 street date. The second one could be Quests of Valeria, which I think is coming out around the same time. They're both sequels, but entirely separate and stand-alone games.

The next expansion for is V:CK is Valeria: Card Kingdoms – Flames & Frost, which is supposed to go on Kickstarter October 18, 2016.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hahn Arama
United States
flag msg tools
I had a guide, a Bedouin man, who called me 'Abu el Banat'. And whenever we'd meet another Bedouin, he'd introduce me as Abu el Banat. And the Bedouin would laugh and laugh and offer me a Pint of beer. (cont below)
badge
And I'd go to pay them for the beer and they wouldn't let me. "Abu el Banat" means "father of daughters." They thought the beer was the least they could do.
mbmbmbmbmb
Guy at the store typed in "Valeria Card Kingdoms" 4 items came up. I think it was right from the Alliance ordering site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hahnarama wrote:
Guy at the store typed in "Valeria Card Kingdoms" 4 items came up. I think it was right from the Alliance ordering site.

I am 98% sure that the guy either just typed in "Valeria" (hence getting Valeria: Card Kingdoms, Valeria: Card Kingdoms – Expansion Pack #01: King's Guard, Valeria: Card Kingdoms – Expansion Pack #02: Undead Samurai, and Villages of Valeria, all of which conceivably could be available in October given the anticipated landing date of Villages, and the other three being out), OR Diamond as usual has no idea what it is talking about and has them all listed under the "Card kingdoms" moniker. Admittedly DMG probably should have been more future proof and named the first game "Kingdoms of Valeria" to prevent this sort of confusion on the part of entities that can't keep things straight, but I don't know that they anticipated the success early on (kind of like how the first released Star Wars film became "A New Hope" when it was re-released before Empire Strikes Back).

DMG has been EXTREMELY forthright and quick to provide details of upcoming releases to its KS backers (of which I am one), and so I find it far more likely that the guy at the store used the wrong search term or misread something, or that Alliance has the game misclassified in their site, than that DMG is putting out an hitherto unannounced expansion in October to retail channels. They've been promoting their KS for the expansion -- why would they suddenly add something to retail?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Simpson
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was not Alliance... I just searched keyword, and only came up with Valeria Card Kingdoms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Keel
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also a backer and think this makes much more sense. They've told us every step they're taking with all three games so I think the FLGS guy just made an honest mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaias Vallejo
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, sounds like an honest mistake by the FLGS guy. I think he read Villages of Valeria and Quests of Valeria incorrectly. They are not expansions, they are stand alone games in the same Valeriaverse.

The Valeria: Card Kingdoms expansion Flames and Frost is scheduled to go on Kickstarter in October. There will also be a booster pack tied to this Kickstarter called Expansion Pack #03: The Agents which introduces a new mechanic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stavros tsiakalos
msg tools
mb
isaiasvallejo42 wrote:

The Valeria: Card Kingdoms expansion Flames and Frost is scheduled to go on Kickstarter in October.

Is that the one advertised in the game box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.