Hide
14 Posts

The Others» Forums » Rules

Subject: Monsters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hamhock DeShabado
msg tools
Looking for a page number or a thread that defines what a monster is so far all I have seen is the contents page that leads me to believe that monsters are only the three different Sins models.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
VWValker wrote:
Looking for a page number or a thread that defines what a monster is so far all I have seen is the contents page that leads me to believe that monsters are only the three different Sins models.

I can understand the question, as the game rule book can be interpreted as a bit ambiguous in that it specifies that "Acolytes" are different from "Sin Monsters", but all Sin-controlled figures are considered Monsters (ref: the Fight section of the rule book).

Is there any particular reason that you care to make the distinction between Monsters and... something else?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hamhock DeShabado
msg tools
Yes the summon phase I believe don't have a rule book handy said something like summon "monsters" so was just wondering what exactly it is that we can summon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
VWValker wrote:
Yes the summon phase I believe don't have a rule book handy said something like summon "monsters" so was just wondering what exactly it is that we can summon.

When you summon monsters, you can summon any previously-killed monsters figures. This includes Acolytes, Abominations, the Controller, or even the Avatar figure.

The catch, again, is that they have to be dead monsters. Make sure you keep monsters that have not yet entered the game separate from those who entered the game and were killed by the Heroes.

On page 17, it refers to an "Acolyte Monster" in the Summon example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All figures controlled by the Sins player - avatar, controller, abominations, acolytes, Hell Club members and those bonus baddies (kid on worm monster and the mayor) are considered monsters in addition to their other designations.

Some cards or effects might targets only abominations, for example, but stuff that says 'monster' applies to any of those things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hamhock DeShabado
msg tools
Where does it say this?
I feel that this is an important definition that should be clearly stated in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VWValker wrote:
Where does it say this?
I feel that this is an important definition that should be clearly stated in the rules.

You will find the most obvious indication on page 7, where the components are listed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J H
United States
Chesterfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I read that the Hell Club members cannot be summoned back because once they are killed they are removed from the game. Summoned monsters are placed in a "killed monsters" area in front of the SIN player so they can be summoned between rounds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keene
msg tools
designer
Havox wrote:
I thought I read that the Hell Club members cannot be summoned back because once they are killed they are removed from the game.

This is correct. Hell Club members are special in that once they are killed they are removed from the game. They are still, however, considered monsters for all other facets of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you look in the index in the back, it refers you to page 7 for "Monsters". Page 7 shows the list of 39 Monster figures in the base set. Two sets of 8 Sin monsters, 5 Hell Club and 18 Acolytes. So it would appear that all of the Sin player's figures are classified as "Monsters".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Also, this question was officially answered by Thiago Aranha of CMoN; the answer was posted in another "FAQ" thread.

Q: Does the term "Monster" refer to all figures controlled by the Sin player? (i.e. Acolytes, Abominations, Controller, Avatar, Hell Club, etc.)

A: Yes, all figures controlled by the Sin player are Monsters.

Reference - FAQ Thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocy7 POL
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
pkreynolds wrote:
All figures controlled by the Sins player - avatar, controller, abominations, acolytes, Hell Club members and those bonus baddies (kid on worm monster and the mayor) are considered monsters in addition to their other designations.

Some cards or effects might targets only abominations, for example, but stuff that says 'monster' applies to any of those things.

So if scenario rules says "mark X monters to players to kill" this mean that Sin player can mark also avatar as one of this monsters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Rocy7 wrote:
So if scenario rules says "mark X monters to players to kill" this mean that Sin player can mark also avatar as one of this monsters?

Yes, and they most definitely should mark the Avatar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Mirri
msg tools
Also hell club members are treated as monsters, but on apocalypse cards it states that once killed they are removed from the game but in the last mission Rise of the hell club you can summon them once dead

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.