Subject: Wound cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Presley
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming...
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a fellow gaming friend who teases my wife and I for what we call "The Ritual". We perform it on every new game we get (it is almost as fun as playing the game for the first time for some weird reason). It involves opening it up, going over the component listing and counting them as we unpunch, etc.

Lately it has paid off because I have unfortunately had a string of bad luck. The last three or four games I purchased have been missing a component or two.

I wanted to check here to make sure because there have been cases of misprints and other strange errors, and because in the case of Mage Knight, there is no components list in the books, just on the back of the box.

It lists 40 wound cards, and I have only 38. Is this common, or even perhaps some misprint and there are supposed to only be 38? I will admit I did not count any further because my recent bad luck has me frustrated (buying a new game and being unable to play it until a replacement piece comes in from the publisher) so I packed it back up and walked away. Every company has thus far been very good about replacing stuff, it is just getting really frustrating as I said. I know this is a rare string for one person to have this happen this frequently. I have almost 200 games and it has only been the last few that have been missing, but it is those last few in a row. Grrrr.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Cali
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check all the other components. If you're only missing two wound cards, you're fine and can move on to learning this game.

By the way, The Ritual is something I look forward to when opening a new game. It gives a base of knowledge that makes the game easier to learn, and check against incorrect packaging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian C
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're missing just a couple wound cards, you'll never notice they are gone.

I'd double check the rest of the components -- if everything else is in order, you have an amazing game that you could be playing (and I don't use the word "amazing" lightly).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to remember there are extra wound cards in one or more expansions, but you really won't miss 2 as I have never come close to running out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pixelman wrote:
I have a fellow gaming friend who teases my wife and I for what we call "The Ritual". We perform it on every new game we get (it is almost as fun as playing the game for the first time for some weird reason). It involves opening it up, going over the component listing and counting them as we unpunch, etc.

Lately it has paid off because I have unfortunately had a string of bad luck. The last three or four games I purchased have been missing a component or two.

I wanted to check here to make sure because there have been cases of misprints and other strange errors, and because in the case of Mage Knight, there is no components list in the books, just on the back of the box.

It lists 40 wound cards, and I have only 38. Is this common, or even perhaps some misprint and there are supposed to only be 38? I will admit I did not count any further because my recent bad luck has me frustrated (buying a new game and being unable to play it until a replacement piece comes in from the publisher) so I packed it back up and walked away. Every company has thus far been very good about replacing stuff, it is just getting really frustrating as I said. I know this is a rare string for one person to have this happen this frequently. I have almost 200 games and it has only been the last few that have been missing, but it is those last few in a row. Grrrr.
Hey Keith,

Yes, you are supposed to have 40 wound cards, but missing 2 wound cards is not a big deal. It's highly unlikely to run out of wound cards with 2 players, probably even with 3 players. It's worth contacting WizKids to get replacements, but good luck with that...

Enjoy one of the finest games in the land!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I could only see running out of cards in a 4 player game maybe and that would be rare I would think. Plus I myself would try to play this with no more than 3 players because of the time it would take. Game is best with 1 or 2 playears though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victorius Deplorable
United States
Kinston
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wizkids -1 cool points
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Presley
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for the responses and support. I was hoping I would not really need those two cards, it was mainly the frustration of like three straight games missing components. I have checked out and will fill out the online request at Wizkids (I'm holding off because in bold print it stresses you can only make one request per game - so I want to make sure I am not missing anything else) but as long as nothing else is missing, I will be striking up a solo game tonight if my wife does not feel like trying a two player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeus Cat

Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would not use my one per game request for the missing two wound cards. As everyone else has said you will almost certainly never miss them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maokai
msg tools
I was posting an issue with the components myself a while ago, and I was surprised to see that all the recent posts are about missing/bad components. You would imagine that after 10 prints, WizKids will be over with those :-(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Presley
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well,stranger things have happened (I suppose) but I had to come back and clear Wizkids name. We sleeved our cards that night, and I had to pull out the insert to make room. I do not know how they ended up under the insert and outside of the plastic seal the other cards were in - but under the insert were the two missing wound cards. I was downstairs changing out a load of laundry when my wife called down, and at first I thought she was teasing me (because I had reacted so badly in frustration at the thought of missing components for the fourth game in a row. The were ever so slightly bent, but straightened out overnight in the sleeves.

Really weird, but as I said, stranger things have happened. As far as missing components goes, I would not be too hard on Wizkids. I have had it happen with three other different publishers lately, and all three of them are pretty big names. You have to figure every once in a while something happens and a slip up gets through the system. The odds that so many happen to me in a row is the part that gets me. It really is the reason we do our ritual anyway. It happened a long, long time ago, and my friend that teases me says he has never received a game missing a component. He is lucky, is all I can say.

Thanks again for all the support. With all the cards sealed in plastic, it never occurred to me to check under the insert, but I will add that step to my ritual whenever I come up missing anything again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.