Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Raphael Rondeau-Côté
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I called it indirect because the intent was not to cause it.

Here's the situation in Preuben on the 4th round in 1810.

It's coalition's turn and Nicolas want to move Bagration with everyone to Pomerania by passing in Ostpreussen first. I intercept him since he tought i didn't have the guts to attack him with Suchet and Nappy only, leaving Lannes on Berlin to keep my neutral occupied Preuben status.

So having the battle caused by myself in ostpreuben did he indirectly caused a neutrality violation, changing the status of preuben to an French Ally and giving myself an additional army ( only 1 ) per the reinforcement rule to fight bagation ?

Logically yes looking at 12.7 rules but Nicolas wanted to be sure so here i am.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Krauel
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The situation is explicitly adressed to in 12.6.9.

Quote:
12.6.9 An army that intercepts an enemy army as the latter
enters a neutral country is considered to be violating that
country’s neutrality (see 12.7) unless (i) that country is a
major country, (ii) the enemy army is intercepted upon
entering its capital area, and (iii) the intercepting player
chooses to attack.

You would violate Prussias neutrality, which makes sense under 12.7. rules since you end your interception in neutral territory.

The exception clause, as I understand it, would only be applicable if the enemy had already violated the neutrality by entering the capital.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raphael Rondeau-Côté
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think a neutral country and an occupied neutral country count as the same here. I never saw a rule where you cannot move/attack/intercept/defend in your own neutral occupied major country. Don't forget, Lannes is still in branderburg, protecting the neutral occupied status of preuben. Shit, i love thoses technicalities.

Rule 14.2.4 For as long as the victor maintains at least one corps that ...
... the neutrality violation rule ( see 12.7 ) is suspended for the occupying side only. Me in this case

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are already sitting in the capital. How could this move result in a neutrality violation? You are already there...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian H
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I could see this ruled either way all depending on if you consider the Russians "completing" their move, or having the move interrupted by the French interception. I would lean towards no neutrality violation by the Russians based on the intent of rule 12.6.9 to make the intercepting army guilty of neutrality violation in most situations. Rule 12.7.1 exempts the French from N.V. in this case, but that doesn't necessarily cancel out Rule 12.6.9 on behalf of the Russians.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.