Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Not sure I'm understanding this insanity card.
I interpreted it to mean that if I had that insanity card I could be eliminated and allow my partner to continue investigating and keep playing for several turns until the mystery is solved at which point we would both win.
But if you enter the fact that you have been eliminated into the app, the whole thing ends that turn...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, that might be an error in the app. You'd assume if insanity conditions could affect the decision tree there would be a caveat?

I played the game recently for the first time. We didn't lose anyone but I recall once our particular end conditions were met; the program told us (paraphrasing), "you've accomplished [task] if a player exits the house with [thing] you all win, barring any insanity conditions."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No that insanity card requires you to time your demise so that your fellow investigators can complete the investigation by the end of the following Investigator Phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For reference here's what the card says.

"You do not win the game as normal. Instead, you win only if the investigation has been complete and you have been eliminated. Otherwise, you lose the game."

It doesn't indicate changing the rules for what happens when an investigator has been eliminated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Ok thanks - makes sense
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.