Scythe» Forums » General

Subject: Next retail release? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Samson
United States
New York
flag msg tools
So I know on the Stonemaier Games site it mentions October 1 for retail availability, but I was talking to the owner of a FLGS here who said his distributer told him September 10th - is that realistic? Has there been any news on the date moving up or back?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob: Thanks for your question. September 10 isn't accurate, as the second print run of Scythe won't ship from China until the first week of September. It should arrive at retailers in mid-October.

Feel free to put the retailer in touch with me at stonemaiergames@gmail.com, as I send out a quarterly update to retailers with all estimated release dates for upcoming releases and reprints.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Samson
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Cool - thanks for the response!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
phrank johnston
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just sent my FLGS a link to this post. They should be emailing you soon. I'm excited to get this game, but I'll wait to get it from a store. Thanks for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Bradshaw
United States
North Scituate
Ri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it the same answer for online retailers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCarthy
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scythe is an amazing experience. Kicking myself for not kickstarting this one. Can't believe I backed that other game (too embarrassed to mention) instead.

What is the difference between the retail copy and the amazing edition? Coins, resource tokens, board extension, and .....? Trying to determine if I can get by with a retail copy with the board extension.

What is the MSRP?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike: The retail MSRP is $80. You can see the MSRPs and all of the various components for each version of the game on the graphic on this page:

http://stonemaiergames.com/buy-scythe/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
xorsyst xorsyst
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edparkmike1 wrote:
What is the difference between the retail copy and the amazing edition? Coins, resource tokens, board extension, and .....? Trying to determine if I can get by with a retail copy with the board extension.

The kickstarter version has extra encounter, objective and factory cards. TBH, I don't think you'll miss much without them, and if you really want them they are available as purchasable promos.

The collector's edition also included the metal coins, resin tokens, and board extension. Having played both (I KSd the basic version, a friend the collector's), I can honestly say I don't think the collector's edition adds much to the experience for the cost. In particular, I'd actively rather play the smaller board as it makes it much easier to actually reach everything. I also find the realistic tokens fiddly and harder to see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCarthy
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xorsyst_uk wrote:
edparkmike1 wrote:

The kickstarter version has extra encounter, objective and factory cards. TBH, I don't think you'll miss much without them, and if you really want them they are available as purchasable promos.

The collector's edition also included the metal coins, resin tokens, and board extension. Having played both (I KSd the basic version, a friend the collector's), I can honestly say I don't think the collector's edition adds much to the experience for the cost. In particular, I'd actively rather play the smaller board as it makes it much easier to actually reach everything. I also find the realistic tokens fiddly and harder to see.

I could not disagree more. The bigger board is essential. Having played both, the game on the larger board provided enough space to hold all resources and emphasized the beautiful artwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
edparkmike1 wrote:
The bigger board is essential

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
xorsyst xorsyst
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edparkmike1 wrote:
The bigger board is essential. Having played both, the game on the larger board provided enough space to hold all resources and emphasized the beautiful artwork.

I don't think artwork is essential

But as for the resources - were you using the realistic ones? I wouldn't want to use those on the smaller board. But the basic ones (which I actually prefer to play with) fit fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamey, the demand for this game right now is massive. Is the second print run a fairly large one, or can we expect it to sell out in a matter of weeks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Kasper: The production of a game like Scythe takes months, so we've been working on the second print run since June. It is due to ship out of China next week. We initiated the third print run in July, and it's due to ship out about a month later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasper Lauest
Denmark
Helsinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Kasper: The production of a game like Scythe takes months, so we've been working on the second print run since June. It is due to ship out of China next week. We initiated the third print run in July, and it's due to ship out about a month later.

Cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Samson
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Hi Jamey - I know you're usually pretty open and transparent about this kind of stuff, so I was wondering if you'd be able to share some details process-wise on where things sit with this current printing for those os us waiting for it to get into retail channels. Has it shipped out of China at this point? Everything still looking on track for beginning of October? I'm sure there are a few of us who are curious about where things sit.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Rob: The second printing of Scythe is being loaded onto ships at port in China today. It's about a 27-day trip between China and our distribution broker in St. Louis, assuming everything goes well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Samson
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Cool! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neilan Naicker
msg tools
mbmb
Hi Jamey, do the upcoming print runs include special/premium/collector's editions? Or has that ship sailed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Neilan: The only version of Scythe we make now is the retail version, but we are also making all of the special accessories to sell through retailers as individual products (the extended board, metal coins, realistic resources, promo cards, etc). So you'll be able to get all of the stuff in the special editions--nothing is exclusive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neilan Naicker
msg tools
mbmb
Makes sense. Thanks, Jamey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.