4 Posts

Game of Thrones: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: 2 questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Jonas

California
msg tools
This is mostly in regards to the fan made decks with this version of the game.

1. If a character's printed text box is blanked, I understand their ability is blanked. My question is does "printed text box" include traits, keywords, and/or income bonuses?

2. This question is specifically about the Martell Sentries. Let me illustrate the question with a hypothetical scenario:

Player A (first player) declares an intrigue challenge with only Locke (3 str, 2 icon, after you lose an intrigue challenge, winning opponent takes control of Locke).

Player B kneels a Martell Sentry and removes Locke's intrigue icon.

Is it correct to say that player A has lost the intrigue challenge and therefore player B takes control of Locke?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liz Burton
United States
Bethesda
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
mbmbmbmbmb
1) I believe traits and keywords remain. Someone else may want to chime in.

2) If Locke is participating in a challenge, removing his icon won't remove him from the challenge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stannis B
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Abilities, income bonuses, and Keywords are blanked, only the Traits remain. Most blanking effects (e.g. Lysa Arryn in the Tully deck) read as follows: "Treat the character's printed text box as if it were blank (except for Traits)."

2. The challenge icon is only needed for declaring the character as an attacker or defender. So if the character loses the needed icon later during the challege, nothing happens. In your case, Locke's strength of 3 would still count. (I hope it is clear that Locke does not have to participate in the lost intrigue challenge to activate his ability.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Jonas

California
msg tools
Thank you for the clarification, that all makes perfect sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.