Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sébastien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
Hi!
I just got this game and although I read and read again through the (french) rulebook, I don't see the answer to my problem.

When there is a red symbol of "loosing a willpower" on a path : they just say that the hero "looses a willpower" in the rulebook.
But does it mean that I can follow this path although I don't have any willpower left????

I mean... obviously, if I have 1 or more (green) willpower left, I will loose one, ok. But if I have none, should I understand that this path is impossible for me, or that I can choose it without loosing anything as I already have no willpower left?

Hope my question is clear enough...

Thanks a lot for your answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harv Veerman
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can't "pay" the willpower, you cant use the path.
If both characters are next to eachother however, one can pay the willpower for the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
ok thanks a lot for your answer!
That's seems weird that they never talk about it in the rulebook, but you must be right!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harv Veerman
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FILS DES LOUPS wrote:
ok thanks a lot for your answer!
That's seems weird that they never talk about it in the rulebook, but you must be right!

I leraned the game from the Dutch rulebook. It was in there. Can't tell you where however, I lend my copy to a friend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
I can't find anything about this in the french rulebook

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is clearly stated in the german rulebook that one character can "pay" the willpower for their partner if they stand adjacent to eachother.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
Clearly stated in the french rulebook aswell...

But I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about the fact that you can't choose a path if it makes you loosing a willpower and you haven't any : I don't find this in the french rulebook

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh well ...

The German rulebook states about moving: "The current costs have to be paid for completely, otherwise this action cannot be chosen."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sébastien
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mb
ok... I don't see anything clear like this in the french rulebook.
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Minor Weaver
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
willpower
Hi,

If I understand your question correctly then, no, you would not be able to follow the path. As you literally cannot pay the 1 WP, then you are not permitted to move past the symbol or onto a field with it. “Minus one” here equals “pay one.”

In fact, if one hero HAD to cross a road with the −1 WP symbol, and had no way of getting a WP themselves or via adjacency with the other hero, then I believe the game would end immediately.

Thematically, WP represents an amalgam of both the physical strength and psychological fortitude required to, well, not fail/die when, for example, the heroes are crossing raging rapids or leaping across chasms or what have you. So lacking the necessary WP tokens for a particular topographical stretch means, quite simply, that you cannot continue. You give up and, alas, the game ends!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Minor Weaver
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
p.s.
Just to confirm, the game ends if there’s no other option for you but to cross or land on a −1 WP symbol and, again, there’s no way to get a WP token from your companion. This would be one of the multiple ways in which a character gets “stuck” and the game ends immediately for both heroes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.