Subject: What's the difference? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm assuming that the copy of Parperback I just bought is the third edition but how can I tell? Are there any differences? Or, to put it another way, are the three separate editions BGG lists merely different print-runs of the same edition?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Davej360 wrote:
I heard the that only difference is the rule book was updated to make some parts more clear but it's basically the same.

Thanks. In which case, I guess, the copyright date on the rule book should at least give some guide as to whether it's the third edition or the first/second.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Davej360 wrote:
I heard the that only difference is the rule book was updated to make some parts more clear but it's basically the same.
Wasn't the wording of the cards that have "trash a card from your hand" powers also changed to make it clearer?
I seem to remember that, but can't search right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Broderick
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cornishlee wrote:
Davej360 wrote:

Thanks. In which case, I guess, the copyright date on the rule book should at least give some guide as to whether it's the third edition or the first/second.

A follow up to this:

There's no copyright date on the rulebook but there is a copy of the second edition rules on BGG: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/119233/paperback-rule...

At the moment, the only way I can think of to tell the difference between 2nd & 3rd editions of the game is to close read and compare your rulebook with this pdf (which I have done).*

As for the 'trash' effect cards, without images on BGG linked to the second and third editions it's difficult to be certain but the entries for the two different versions state changes to 'the rulebook and some cards' for the 2nd edition and 'the rulebook' for the 3rd edition.

*Somebody has commented on the link given in this post that the 3rd edition and 2nd edition rulebooks are the same. That seems unlikely but I have no way of checking and, if true, it would seem to indicate that 3rd and 2nd editions really are the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles M. Hannum
United States
Winthrop
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Judging by the two copies I've seen in the last week, the answer might be "it's missing 4 starter cards". (IIRC, they're RSLN, but I'll double check before I bug Tim.) I point this out mostly as a warning to check your copies and deal appropriately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.