Burgle Bros.» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can a player lose more than 1 stealth per move action? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
If a not-too-smart player ;) moves into a camera room on the 2nd floor that's occupied by the second floor guard and the first floor guard also happens to be in a camera room, does the player lose 2 stealth?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fenmar
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I remember, cameras activate alarms, they do not make players lose stealth points...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mfenici wrote:
As I remember, cameras activate alarms, they do not make players lose stealth points...

Oh, of course. I don't know why I'm having such trouble with these rules. I'm usually really good with rules.
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Schneider
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mfenici wrote:

Further to the question, however, I suppose it could happen if you moved into an Atrium tile containing a Guard when there was also a Guard in the same tile one floor up.

I'm going to assume you only lose 1 Stealth token since technically both guards are seeing you simultaneously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schnel wrote:
If a not-too-smart player moves … does the player lose 2 stealth?

There are several reasons why one could lose more than 1 stealth point per turn, and since there is nothing in the rules to forbid that, I play that you do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schnel wrote:
mfenici wrote:

Further to the question, however, I suppose it could happen if you moved into an Atrium tile containing a Guard when there was also a Guard in the same tile one floor up.

I'm going to assume you only lose 1 Stealth token since technically both guards are seeing you simultaneously.

I wouldn't mind a verification if Tim Fowers happens to see this. It seems like a simultaneous sighting like the Atrium would warrant just one token to me too. Also, sitting in a Foyer, if a guard moves through your position, they will see you in the adjacent room, the Foyer, and another adjacent room, all in one turn. It seems very clear by the rulebook - every time the guard sees you on your tile (or you enter a tile with a guard [or two?]), you lose a stealth.

Thematically, the Foyer makes sense, scrambling and using all your resources to keep hiding as the guard moves through an open area, but it is a very harsh mistake to make!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.