Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maester Dooley
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry if this question has been asked already, but I am curious about the Battle Dragon.

What does it mean by "hits"? Are "hits" the asterisks on the battle cards, or are "hits" deaths by any means? I'm guessing the latter, but I wanted to make sure. If the former, then the ability would only apply to ranged attacks, not melee, whereas the latter would just mean the Battle Dragon is difficult to kill in any regard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gold Sirius
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
It applies to both melee and ranged attacks.

For ranged attacks, the asterisks count as hits.
For melee, it's the number of attacks that go unblocked. For example, if your opponent attacks with Claw and Bite, and you only defend with one Claw, then one hit would go through.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Burke
United States
Belmont
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
GoldSirius wrote:
It applies to both melee and ranged attacks.

For ranged attacks, the asterisks count as hits.
For melee, it's the number of attacks that go unblocked. For example, if your opponent attacks with Claw and Bite, and you only defend with one Claw, then one hit would go through.

Correct. So if your Battle Dragon is hit once with a ranged attack. He should be turned sideways to indicate that. He then only have 1 hit left for the Melee phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.