Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Graves
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured someone else would post this by now. but I suppose it is up to me!

Ghostbusters -- https://www.amazon.com/Cryptozoic-Entertainment-01968CZE-Gho...

Zooloretto -- https://www.amazon.com/Z-Man-Games-71430ZMG-Zooloretto-Board...

WARNING: This is a brand new Amazon store with no prior feedback, located in Asia somewhere, and LITERALLY EVERYTHING in their store is being sold for 14 dollars. Sketch-ometer is 10 out of 10 here. However, my brief research says that Amazon is pretty good about giving refunds to people who are scammed. Nonetheless, participate at your own risk.

I bought Zooloretto a couple hours ago.... we'll see!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
I appreciate the post, but know this is going to end in frustration and possibly needing a new credit card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Graves
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
going to end in frustration

MAYBE. Isn't that the fun? If you can't take the heat, get out of the HOT DEALZ!! cool

As far as a new credit card, Amazon doesn't share that info with 3rd party sellers--they act as a middleman (I pay them, they pay 3rd party).

That information, as well as a guarantee of reimbursement should anything go south, I just received straight from an Amazon rep via Chat, the transcript of which has been emailed to me. So I feel pretty secure that I, personally, won't get totally screwed here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Malo
United States
Lake Park
Florida
flag msg tools
Any dream can take over the world.
badge
The only thing more evil than Cthulhu . . . . Kickstarter Addiction!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was gonna pull the trigger on this, but I changed my mind at the last second. Not because I'm worried about fraud of any sort. But, I can practically guarantee these are knockoffs. And even $18.50 is too much for a knockoff of Ghostbusters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Elliott
United States
Hilliard
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been a member of Amazon Prime for years, and have been taken care of 100% of the time, not once left in the cold.

With that type of track record, I have ordered the Ghostbusters game from him. I will keep you all posted here, so subscribe to the thread and stay tuned!

RET. SSG Jason L. Elliott
Game Consultant
PaladinElliott Productions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mebbe we should have an [Amazon 3rd] notation? We already have [Amazon Prime].

If you're not already aware of Amazon 3rd Party scams, do a search on "amazon scammed me". I've received counterfeit products on Amazon, myself, although Amazon refunded me (Ove Glove mitts).

Sadly, I will not be able to get my "Oil Painting 'An Old Man In Military Costume, about 1630 - 1631 By Rembrandt Harmensz Van Rijn'" for nineteen bucks. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Texas / Tennessee
flag msg tools
When you gain this card from the deck, gain 2 Clues. ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything $14 from that seller? Wow, that is super suspicious. Given that Amazon has a known, growing counterfeit problem that they basically put in place themselves (CNBC article link), I think I'll stay away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered Terra Mystica for $14 from the same company earlier today. I expected the order to be canceled but I'll give it a go.

Amazon is exceptionally good at buyer protection. I do not expect that this seller has access to credit card information at all. They just might not ever ship...and then you have to ask for the refund, which you'll get.

I recently ordered some really cheap Emoticon pillows for my daughter. Two came in. Two others were canceled. Oh well - I got my money back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
It's highly unlikely that the seller would bother with counterfeit specialty items. The times I've tried new sellers like this it's been a short-term cash grab. The seller tries to sustain the store long enough to get a first payment from Amazon (3rd party sellers don't get their money right away from Amazon, and they never get your actual payment card information) that they can transfer to an untouchable account. They'll even supply fake tracking numbers and string you along to get past that first payment window. Like others have said, Amazon always makes you whole when you don't end up getting anything and when they're the actual victims of the fraud scheme.

All that said, if you're able to have $14 tied up for 4-6 weeks and like to gamble, sellers like this are a fun game by themselves!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aditon Bambaiya

Washington
msg tools
SOmething does not feel right with the store. Everything in the store is for $14.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Johnson
United Kingdom
Derby
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
badge
INFECTED EGGS
mbmbmbmbmb
adityaraut wrote:
SOmething does not feel right with the store. Everything in the store is for $14. :)

And costs $4.50 to post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
adityaraut wrote:
SOmething does not feel right with the store. Everything in the store is for $14.

What? The Dollar Tree does it. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doiron
msg tools
On the subject of Chinese knockoffs, I came across this rather well-produced Dixit knockoff today. Why they have pictures with the cards being bent and getting wet is beyond me, but you can quite clearly make out the rather poor quality printing (you can see the lines from the jets and there's some rather significant artifacts on some of them)

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...:g:YAkAAOSwbsBXqE9~

They have some rather interesting products on their store page. You'd think if they were going to sell cheap knockoffs, they'd at least have the decency to lower the price a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley M
United States
Freeport
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Greatest Game Ever
mbmbmbmbmb
If you aren't aware shipping from China go the US is actually drastically cheaper than going the other way. So the fact that shipping is really low shouldn't be a huge flag.. I'm going to order one and see i think.

The biggest flag I can see is the fact that literally everything they sell is $14 including things that should actually cost less than 14.

If they are bootlegs I'd imagine there would be a listing on AliExpress for these two games and there is not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Nelson
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't the majority of these games made in China? What is to prevent a manufacturer from just making a few hundred more and "selling" them off to a third party?

Nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmie Hayes
United States
Knox
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quidom wrote:
Aren't the majority of these games made in China? What is to prevent a manufacturer from just making a few hundred more and "selling" them off to a third party?

Nothing.

They "fell off a truck".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Nelson
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vliam wrote:

They "fell off a truck".

LOL

Bingo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny Johnson
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quidom wrote:

Nothing.

Losing their contract with the publishers and risk losing business with other publishers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Halsey
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a link to this guy's store on Amazon? I wouldn't want Ghostbusters or Zooleretto but I'm interested to see what else he's selling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ike
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TWrecks wrote:
Is there a link to this guy's store on Amazon? I wouldn't want Ghostbusters or Zooleretto but I'm interested to see what else he's selling.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1?me=A38WVLD8EM17GF&rh=i%...

A strange store indeed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Duclos
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
Who ya gonna call?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
have an amazon gift card and I'm feeling brave. Order Placed! (see my username)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Nelson
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kennyj wrote:

Losing their contract with the publishers and risk losing business with other publishers.

True. But would the publisher actually take the time? Nike has a hard enough time nailing this stuff down. Would a game company have the resources? Probably not. Would they jump to another manufacturer? They could but given the number of times these manufacturers have dropped the ball and are still in demand, not likely.

I too am interested in what comes of this experiment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Tang

Fresno
California
msg tools
The wet and bent cards is to show these are highly durable. I consider this a benefit for these cards actually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Hart
United States
Saint Johns
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay gambling. Two orders placed. On a side note, to build off the Chinese production speculation, it is also possible that a sticky fingered employee snagged defective or rwejected copies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 938183. J Hart 52
  • 1d6 + 1d10 + 1d4 =
  • (3) + (10) + (1) =
  • Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:03 pm
Ann Westland
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
His(?) main business seems to be shirts from Adidas and Majestic athletics, with a few odds and sods for the rest of his store. Could he have accidently put $14 down for everything? Very strange. I was tempted to get the Ghostbusters game, but I'm not as brave as y'all are here to buy this particular storefront.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.