Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
May the Force be with you.
badge
Good and evil; there never is one without the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
What Walking Dead: No Sanctuary optional buys do you plan on getting (not counting extras of things already included in the base pledge)?
  Definitely Not Probably Not Unsure Probably Yes Definitely Yes
Lori Grimes ($12)
Iconic Civilians ($15)
"Better Angels" ($20)
"Days Gone Bye" ($20)
"Walk with Me" & "Clear" ($15)
Stuff and Thangs ($25)
Extra Custom Dice ($5)
      93 answers
Poll created by El_Tonio

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Schmitzer
Germany
Garching
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would be cool if you explain your decisions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good idea... I'll start (though I've still not 100% decided). Maybe you and others can add something, too.

I'm thinking about Lori just to have the complete cast and because she is an exclusive. But, we also have her ghost so we do have her in some form (not to mention we also have a ton of other characters) so I'm not 100% sure.

I don't know why, but I really like the idea of the iconic civilians even though they don't add to game play. So, that is another one I am thinking about getting. Will be fun to have, and if I like the game I can make some custom characters for them.

The rest I think I can live without for the money. I think we'll have enough replayability with all the current scenarios and characters so I'm not too worried about the extra scenarios. If I do get one it will be the double feature for $15 (2 scenarios for $15 seems like it would be better than one scenario for $20 even though those come with a mini).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Schmitzer
Germany
Garching
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I´m not 100% sure either. I´m thinking about "Days Gone Bye" because i find it cool to play the hospital scene. Lori Grimes isn´t worth it for me in relation to the scenario expansions. Besides DGB i eventually go for walk with me and clear. Better angels sounds cool but i got enough other pvp games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lorenzo
United States
Temple Terrace
Florida
flag msg tools
Lori Grimes and extra set of dice.

Lori to have all the cast and dice to have for the other side or the board.

All the rest I couldn't justify for a game I wasn't sure was going to be worth it. I'll probably regret not getting the rest of the KS exclusives but oh well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Rose
United States
Linden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IamDefiler wrote:
Lori Grimes and extra set of dice.

Lori to have all the cast and dice to have for the other side or the board.

All the rest I couldn't justify for a game I wasn't sure was going to be worth it.

I got the same things for much the same reasons. I'm not worried about regretting not getting something as much as I am worried about regretting spending as much as I did over all. I still have doubts about their ability to deliver decent figures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dice, of course! Lori because we're getting Dale's RV. Days Gone By for 4 extra tiles and another Rick figure. Walk With Me & Clear for the two scenarios at a cheaper price, the extra tile and 2 rival (?) boards. I've got plenty of civilian minis, tokens are ok for stuff and Shane is too expensive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finalized my choice (and updated my vote)... went with Lori (since she's an exclusive and completes the cast) and "Clear" and "Walk With Me" (since it is an exclusive and seemed like a good deal for the price). Neither felt like a must have, but I decided at least a couple of extras could be fun to have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff ...
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
El_Tonio wrote:
Finalized my choice (and updated my vote)... went with Lori (since she's an exclusive and completes the cast) and "Clear" and "Walk With Me" (since it is an exclusive and seemed like a good deal for the price). Neither felt like a must have, but I decided at least a couple of extras could be fun to have.

As per the campaign page, "Clear/Walk with Me" is not exclusive. It is incorrectly marked as exclusive in the PM, which was confirmed by this Cryptozoic comment:

Cryptozoic Entertainment  Creator  2 days ago
@hair10 "Walk with Me / Clear" pack shouldn't be exclusive. The Kickstarter/pledgemanager might be the only time you'll probably be able to purchase it as a comb-pack though.

Three days later and the KS moniker is still there in the PM. Call me a cynic but Crypto not removing it in a timely fashion does raise an eyebrow... I'm sure you're not the only one who bought it thinking now's your only chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting... Looking at the campaign page, I now see it is NOT marked exclusive. But, it IS marked as such for the pledge manager. Perhaps it is the pair that they are calling exclusive. I agree... a little unclear on their part.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Guisado
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asked Cryptozooic about the "Walk with me & Clear". This was their reply:

"As for the "Walk with me & Clear" add-on, it is not exclusive. Although we do not intend to sell them in retail stores ourselves, we might be providing them to some retailer stores so they can use as their store exclusives to give to customers who buy The Walking Dead: No Sanctuary game in their stores or to sell to customers separately as promotions in the future. This is still something we are working with retailers with so that is why we can not say this one is exclusive.
The Cryptozoic Team"

This changes things up... They are not exclusives per say, but if backers don't buy them as add-ons there's a chance they won't be able to get them in the future (in case they are only available if you buy the game in a certain store and you don't want to buy the game again). Since we don't know if they will be available for sale as a solo item, it's a risk you have to count if you were planning on buying them later on...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update. I don't really care if it is an exclusive or not. But, since it is NOT an exclusive (and not marked as such on the campaign page), it seems a bit misleading to label it an exclusive on the pledge manager.

I just noticed they list the dice as exclusives on the pledge manager even though they were not listed as exclusives in the campaign. I don't remembering it being marked as such when the pledge manager first came out, but perhaps I am just forgetting.

Regardless, it's a careless and unprofessional move on CZE's part. I have less confidence and respect for them (they really seem to have no clue about how to do much of anything) and am really just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.