Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
May the Force be with you.
badge
Good and evil; there never is one without the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the idea of this add on even though it doesn't add to game play (the are exclusive, and represent very to semi important plot parts in the show).

But, I can't tell for sure if they replace cardboard tokens that are in the base game (or if they are entirely new), if they are designed to specifically be "used" in given scenarios, something else?

Can someone please clarify?

If they are each used in one (or preferably more) scenarios to replace tokens, I'm interested. But, if they are just for the heck of it, not so much.

Thanks in advance for you help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Kahley
msg tools
mbmbmb
El_Tonio wrote:
I like the idea of this add on even though it doesn't add to game play (the are exclusive, and represent very to semi important plot parts in the show).

But, I can't tell for sure if they replace cardboard tokens that are in the base game (or if they are entirely new), if they are designed to specifically be "used" in given scenarios, something else?

If they are each used in one (or preferably more) scenarios to replace tokens, I'm interested. But, if they are just for the heck of it, not so much.

Just for the heck of it mostly. They add no new gameplay but can be used to replace random civilians that come up in the game. Random civilians have cardboard chits but do not represent specific peeps. So, just for show and feel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy
England
Chorleywood
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh that opens up another question.

Do in a game of minis, some of the playing parts (people) are represented by cardboard chits? Not sure I like that
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kuang-kai Tsai
Taiwan
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PlanBee wrote:
Oh that opens up another question.

Do in a game of minis, some of the playing parts (people) are represented by cardboard chits? Not sure I like that

If you're just buying the survivor tier (cardboard version) then the answer is yes. But if you chose the pledge above basic tier then you shall have 5 stranger figures which could be used for this. (I guess)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kuang-kai Tsai
Taiwan
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
El_Tonio wrote:

Let's take a look about the people included in the add-on:

Amy Harrison (Andrea's sister):
Should be used in the Scenario 5 "Shallow Graves", where people are ambushed by zombies in the camp. Amy died in this scene. According to the designer each npc falls to the zombie would cause a Morale hit; not sure if Amy is more special or just like other people died here.

Sophia (Carol's daughter):
Not sure which scenario to use, since Sophia should be already missing in the expansion "What lies ahead", though the first scenario "Traffic Jam" depicts searching for her. Might also be used in the same scenario as Amy? But I do hope Sophia and Amy would have more impact than other NPCs.

Miguel (Rival gang member):
Should be used in the Scenario 4 "Vatos". Miguel is the guy captured by Rick while Glenn was captured by the gang. Designer said this scenario requires negotiation; so I think Miguel is some kind of hostage.

Dr. Jenner (CDC expert):
Should be used in the Scenario 6 "Knock, Knock". Dr. Jenner stayed in CDC and finally bombed the whole building.

I think the question is, if we don't buy this add-on, are there special tokens for them, or they are just the same as other civilians?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have lots of minis (kids and grannies) that can be used for civilians. I use tham to replace objective tokens when playing Zombicide. It's a pass for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.