Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Benziger
United States
Oakdale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hey I am thinking of doing a meetup in my home town. Figured I'd start a thread currently here. If you live nearby and interested in coming please send me a message or write in this thread.

Also if you have ever started a meetup, please tell me your thoughts.
Here are my thoughts.

Thursday Evening from 7pm-9pm
At one of the local pizza places. The closest gaming store is 40 mins away. Aside from a shop that is 90% magic.
Thoughts? Most of them have small side rooms that I rarely used on weeknights.
I'll be there every other week until the meetup really takes off and I can do once a week.
I am really looking for the meet up to give life to a gaming group at a local houses.

Any pointers? Anything?

If you are interested and wondering what games I am talking about.
Check out my blog.
www.cut-the-deck.com

Thanks guys and gals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
People won't get there on time. Then they'll want to order pizza and eat it. So, you're talking greasy games and maybe only an hour to play. You have a Denny's in town; the food isn't wonderful, but they're open 24 hours. A community room would be even better.

You might do better to try to join up with the clusters of BGGers in Modesto. (Click on the red pointers.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Benziger
United States
Oakdale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah well I know about the pizza issue they stay open til 10 most nights at during the fall it might be even later thanks to football. Pizza not the best. Denny's is crap plus they do not have extra rooms.

That cluster is in Oakdale are inactive users like over 2 years not logged in. Thank you though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, not sure if 2 hours of gaming would be worth it. With that time length, I'd rather just make is a social call and just chat... no games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
jbenz32 wrote:
That cluster is in Oakdale are inactive users like over 2 years not logged in. Thank you though.

I was looking at the clusters in Modesto of 6-8 gamers in some zip codes, one north of the city center, one south.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Benziger
United States
Oakdale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found a couple thanks!I agree 2 hours is not enough time but I figured it's a good start.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.