Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing on the card for the boss prohibits reattempts after failure, like the dragon from the base game. Unless I'm missing something, is this legal?:

1. Fight. If fail,
2. Heal 100% (since the fight always happens in a city).
3. Fight again.

??

Felt weird. One of our players had an extra action per round due to a lucky skill acquisition, which made this feel even more unusual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
Nothing on the card for the boss prohibits reattempts after failure, like the dragon from the base game.

I don't see anything on the Margath card about losing, either. I do see it in the rulebook:

When a hero is defeated in combat with a villain, the hero is eliminated from the game.

AFAIK this would apply to all villains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Anarchosyn wrote:
Nothing on the card for the boss prohibits reattempts after failure, like the dragon from the base game.

I don't see anything on the Margath card about losing, either. I do see it in the rulebook:

When a hero is defeated in combat with a villain, the hero is eliminated from the game.

AFAIK this would apply to all villains.

Funny that the line is absent from the Rules Reference under Defeated.

Anyhoo, I didn't go to the trouble of digging out the Margath card to check -- Runebound 3e has been on the shelf for a while, so I naturally turned to the rules for my refresher. Guess I should have looked up "villain."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed this rule on the first play too. I noticed it later under "Elimination" in the Rules Reference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.