Subject: GenCon Feedback rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Bohlmann
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I played this game at GenCon with 3 other guys. We all enjoyed the game play mechanics and are looking forward to seeing it on KickStarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Hanses
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
jebwhs87 wrote:
I played this game at GenCon with 3 other guys. We all enjoyed the game play mechanics and are looking forward to seeing it on KickStarter.

Thanks for checking it out! We will be launching the Kickstarter in mid-January 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Alvarez
Puerto Rico
Hatillo
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jebwhs87 wrote:

Could you give us an idea of how it plays and/or complexity?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam D.
United States
Suquamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this at Dragonflight this weekend. Don't recall all the details but it was very thematic as a tower defence game. Had fun with a pickup group of three other players (it's co-op). The main choices during the turn were which towers to upgrade and fire and which cards to play to aid those activities (you have a hand which can be upgraded in a sort of campaign mode was my understanding).

My main concern (which was not a problem for my group) is that I could see an AP/alpha player ruining this because you can literally look at everyone's cards (if you play open cards), calculate the damage, which BEMs are the highest threat, and optimize play to the nth degree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Hanses
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
TheCollector wrote:
I played this at Dragonflight this weekend. Don't recall all the details but it was very thematic as a tower defence game. Had fun with a pickup group of three other players (it's co-op). The main choices during the turn were which towers to upgrade and fire and which cards to play to aid those activities (you have a hand which can be upgraded in a sort of campaign mode was my understanding).

My main concern (which was not a problem for my group) is that I could see an AP/alpha player ruining this because you can literally look at everyone's cards (if you play open cards), calculate the damage, which BEMs are the highest threat, and optimize play to the nth degree.

Thanks for the great feedback and for playing the game!

We are still working on some ideas on how to address Alpha Gaming. One of the things we have noticed is that as AIs level up, it becomes much harder for an Alpha Gamer to track what everyone is capable of and to try to control everything without actually getting others more directly involved in playing the game.

If you have any ideas or examples of how other games address Alpha gaming really well, we are all ears and would love to check them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Ceelen
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Great to meet you guys at Gen Con, what an amazing game, you guys are a great team can't wait to see it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.