Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Bat
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Anyone know what comes in the Lost Margin expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The expansion comes with the following:

-3 Raider miniatures
-3 Thrasher miniatures
-2 character cards (not the player boards, but cards similar to the OpFor cards)
-4 double-sided tiles
-1 reference sheet/instructions

The Lost Margin Expansion deals with a set of characters from the MERCS universe that are not affiliated with the Mercs themselves or any Megacon. The Lost margin refers to areas where the Megacons don't want to control or can't control because they are dangerous and uncivilized. The Raiders and Thrashers are part of the Lost Margin and will not only attack any MERC faction but also any OpFor and civilians that happen to be in the building during the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Bat
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zombie Fifty-Seven
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Here's a visual view of what you get, assets from the TTS version that I am hoping Megacon will allow me to release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Mercs 2.0 instruction manual (for the tabletop game) talks a little about the lore of the corp controlled world and this story continues in the novel "The Worker's Heart." This includes some discussion of the lost margin. BJT's description above is good. There is a lot of the world that the corps cannot control. The most powerful Corp-like (but not Corp) entities within the lost margin are the FCC, which is a loose affiliation of "houses" -- essentially terrorist cells but more civilized (usually) each with it's area of influence and each with it's specialty. House 9 is more corporation like and House 4 is more terrorist like. But outside of THESE organizations, I think the petty warlords hold sway (or else some cities have turned themselves into walled fortresses).

It's all very bad really. Like the Shadowrun world with corporations which weren't really quite powerful enough to completely seize control.

Seeing the lore for Mercs makes me wonder if their other game Myth is supposed to be similar -- a sort of post apocalyptic version of a fantasy world as Mercs is a dark reflection of our world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
I tried this expansion tonight and had a question about raider/thrasher spawning. Do you spawn the listed number of enemy at both stairwells? If you only spawn that number of enemies once how do you decide which stairwell to spawn from?

I really like the damaged and overgrown interior tiles. The new enemies make an already brutal game even more difficult.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.