The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: core set deckbuilding rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
darthead cricketeer
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
So i only have the core set and i have only played each scenario with the starting 30 card decks. I am not good at deck building so can anyone tell me what vards and heroes are the best to build a 50 card deck to beat the Escape from Dol Guldur scenario?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Suggestion #1, don't try this one solo. It's nearly impossible single handed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darthead cricketeer
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Ok robrob any suggestions on 2 good 50 card decks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been following Beorn's Path. They talk about deck construction and how it plays in the actual quest. They do this for the core and the first cycle. I've been finding it really helpful and can certainly give you a better idea how to build decks in the future. (It's like taking off the training wheels)

https://hallofbeorn.wordpress.com/beorns-path/

Also, Escape from Dol Guldur is pretty hard. I haven't beaten it yet. After a couple more attempts I may drop down to easy or sleazy mode, then move on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Btȝ patrem nrum, Benedictum
mbmbmbmbmb
As limited as the course it is your best bet would be to just crammed together pairs of the starter decks leaving out some of the less valuable and higher costs cards. Obviously you need to pick only three Heroes from each pair of 6.

I might try spirit/and tactics with Eowyn, Gimli, and Legolas (or Eleanor, depending on which major sphere you'd prefer), and lore/leadership with Denethor, Aragorn, and Théodred.

I've never played the scenario that way, though, so take it for what it's worth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Walker
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't play solo but this seems to be a popular deck: BACK TO BASICS: A Killer deck using only cards from a single Core set
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crixtey
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Go check out hall of beorn. It's so good at helping new players through this. It was greatly beneficial to me.

https://hallofbeorn.wordpress.com/beorns-path/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.