Popular Tags: [View All]
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love blinging my games. Here is my latest project. Bling for Colt Express:

The brief cases are Lego brief cases, I bought off Ebay. Yes, there are other colors, but thought brown was best for this project.

The gems are from the BGG store. I would have preferred and recommend more red ones, but I am using the same color for Mission: Red Planet. And they work just fine here.

The money bags are charms I found on Ebay from Hong Kong/China. They were 30 for less than $2.00. I glued them onto small washers. The washers were a bit hard to find, I had to go to a 2nd hardware store to find them. They did sell the washers individually, and since I needed 30 of them or so, it was the same price to buy a whole box of them, as they had a bulk price as well. Maybe 100 in the box?

I printed small font prices on stickers and then used clear nail polish to protect the stickers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can find miniature (dollhouse size) whiskey or other alcohol bottles, but can't find any reasonably priced. So I am going to use cubes for the whiskey bottles. Putting dots on 1 face for regular whiskey and an x on the one for old whiskey.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Where do you get your minatures locally? Michaels?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
saturnkk wrote:
Nice! Where do you get your minatures locally? Michaels?

Minitures? Sorry I don't understand. I only am using the meeples that come in the game, however I did Kickstart the upgraded Meeples. But they haven't shipped yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk
United States
Commerce Twp.
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the doll pieces...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
saturnkk wrote:
the doll pieces...

Ah, you misunderstood what I said, which was:

DomaGB wrote:
You can find miniature (dollhouse size) whiskey or other alcohol bottles, but can't find any reasonably priced. So I am going to use cubes for the whiskey bottles. Putting dots on 1 face for regular whiskey and an x on the one for old whiskey.

I was looking for miniature whiskey bottles, which I discovered you can find at dollhouse websites or stores, but found the prices high, and also thought the labels on the pictures I saw inconsistent in their placing, possibly "marking" them which would render them unfair random options. So I did NOT buy or use them. Instead I am using gray cubes with a dot on 1 side for regular whiskey, and an x on one cube as the old whiskey.

So, I have no miniatures, and not even dollhouse whiskey bottles. I just mentioned them as a possible nice option for bling which I decided NOT to use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.