Popular Tags: [View All]
Bobby Clark
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
City card A 2 for 1 deal is in play.
You choose an attraction or upgrade from the market and build it. Do you refill the market BEFORE you select your free attraction or upgrade?

We played you didn't refill until AFTER you choose the free one?

Thx
Man We love this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Long
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've always replaced the Market space after the first purchase. But I can see why its a question - both the rules and the card say "immediately".

A 2-for-1 Deal: Once this round, if you pay to build an attraction or upgrade from the Market, you may immediately build your choice of another attraction or upgrade from the Market up to the same amount for free.
(My emphasis)

Rules: You can build a card either from your hand, or directly from the Market, and then refill the empty Market space immediately.
(My emphasis)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Clark
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Paul. We had been playing it immediately as well and tonight prompted us to think about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
My hat? Definitely not a mind-control alien, no.
mbmbmbmbmb
Although it's not a disaster played either way, it's a subtlety that should definitely be clarified.

The Market is intended to refill as soon as there is a space to do so, with no interruption, so that there are always 6 cards available to choose from.

This avoids problems with possible stacking of effects which might otherwise empty the Market (!) and prevent a card from doing its thing.

I'll update the rulebook to make this clearer - thanks!

Edit: thanks to this question, the rulebook is now explicit on this point on page 9.
Quote:
Always refill the Market immediately after a card is removed. For all practical purposes, the Market never has a blank space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Bartel
Australia
Salisbury Heights
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also regarding this card, if I've just upgraded using Renovation, do I get to build again up to the card cost or the paid amount?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Finch
Australia
Carindale
QLD
flag msg tools
designer
badge
My hat? Definitely not a mind-control alien, no.
mbmbmbmbmb
haos17 wrote:
Also regarding this card, if I've just upgraded using Renovation, do I get to build again up to the card cost or the paid amount?

The card wording says that you can build the freebie up to the same amount you paid for the first build.

If you have Renovation in play, and you build something on a closed attraction, let's say it was marked at 14 coins and so you paid 7, then you can build something else from the market that costs you up to 7 coins also.

If you are building the freebie on the closed attraction also, then you can choose something as high as 15 coins marked price, since you would then only pay 7 to build it via Renovation, and you have a 7-coin 'voucher' from the 2-for-1 deal.

If you built using Renovation for the first build, and then wanted to build on an open attraction for the freebie, you would have to pay full price, so you would be limited to cards up to 7 in cost.

The key point is that you get the amount you paid against the cost that you would pay for the next build.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Bartel
Australia
Salisbury Heights
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joelfinch wrote:
haos17 wrote:

The card wording says that you can build the freebie up to the same amount you paid for the first build.

If you have Renovation in play, and you build something on a closed attraction, let's say it was marked at 14 coins and so you paid 7, then you can build something else from the market that costs you up to 7 coins also.

If you are building the freebie on the closed attraction also, then you can choose something as high as 15 coins marked price, since you would then only pay 7 to build it via Renovation, and you have a 7-coin 'voucher' from the 2-for-1 deal.

If you built using Renovation for the first build, and then wanted to build on an open attraction for the freebie, you would have to pay full price, so you would be limited to cards up to 7 in cost.

The key point is that you get the amount you paid against the cost that you would pay for the next build.

Thanks for the clarification. (Bolding in above quote is my emphasis.)
At least we played it right (having built on the same closed attraction).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.