Subject: Mavericks make their impact rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ogmund prime
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LEGION(proxy) v. KATANAS(proxy) v. CARNAGE v. FURY(proxy) Exhibition game:

Each coach was allowed to add a maverick to their starting exhibition line up. Two mavericks truly stood out and deserved a proper posting. Carnage brought Gibraltar to the pit. Although he sent a Fury butcher to the slaughterbox by himself thanks to his "Butchersmack", he formed a devastating combo with his fellow slashers. When Gibraltar knocked down his opponents but failed to injure, the Carnage coach would follow up with a "dirty stomp". Thanks to his "Butcher Bane" subtracting 3 dice instead of 1 for his interference two Katana butchers and my Legion butcher also joined the slaughterbox! Gibraltar ended the game with a Fury slasher's "furious chop" attempt backfiring and it's lowered toughness made its trip to the slaughterbox almost comical. At the buzzer Gibraltar had scored or assisted in 19 points, it would have been more if a penalty had not been called on one of the dirty stomps. A truly MVP performance!

The other maverick of note was Simba Khan. He joined his fellow felines in team Fury. Instead of injuries, he spent most of the game utilizing his assortment of roars. I was the unfortunate Legion coach who continually found the +2 dice gained by my two Cleaver's leadership canceled out by Simba Khan's "Blood-Curdling Roar" -2 dice to all tests. The Fury coach found new strategies of play as Simba's "Inspiring Roar" gave him the card options of Nemesis, and his "Panicking Roar" gave him the ability to manipulate and maneuver like the Valkyries. My poor butcher had glory taken from him following a successful knockdown when Khan jumped back up and sent him running straight into the waiting arms of Gibraltar...you already read the unfortunate results. A long day for SPQR's finest, but a great game with exciting commentary moments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Kjerland
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
Thanks for the report, Ogmund!

It's nice to see Gibraltar get some love. As the maverick with the least flashy powers, I was wondering how long it would be before his particular set of skills would get him noticed.

Simba on team Fury? Lions and Tigers! Nice. Now we just need some bears.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.