Popular Tags: [View All]
andrew
Australia
bayswater
western australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So I do a search and get a barrow load of vague hits.. after reading though the first 20 I give up and ask.

Card 103 late war deck. Defectors. Has early war in braces before it's title in the card list..
Why? is it to be included in the early war deck, or is this some optional play that we've missed in the rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Why do you think it is in the late war deck? It's an early war card.

EDIT: Oh, are you thinking the card number has some significance? It doesn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andrew
Australia
bayswater
western australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah.
Why is it listed among the late war cards if it's an early war card?
~shrugs~

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rubin
United States
Trenton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Harmony, liberal intercourse with all nations, are recommended by policy, humanity, and interest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Defectors was added late in the development of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Why is it listed among the late war cards

Where is it listed as a Late War card? Doesn't it say "Early War" on the card itself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Statalyzer wrote:
Quote:
Why is it listed among the late war cards

Where is it listed as a Late War card? Doesn't it say "Early War" on the card itself?

I just checked and on the player aid that comes with the deluxe edition it does, rather weirdly, have Defectors listed among the late war cards. All the cards are listed by numerical order, under the headings Early, Mid, Late, and Optional, with the last 7 cards having a (_____ War) tag before the card name. So Defectors is under the Late War heading, with an (Early War) tag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goulette
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was confused by this too when I was learning the game. The player aid is strangely formatted. Follow what is on the cards themselves. Defectors is an early war card. I'm surprised they have not edited this in later Deluxe Edition printings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.