Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played using Gluttony for the first time tonight and on the last turn of the game, a well-geared Thorley with 6 Corruption charged into a space with the Avatar, Dr. Gan and three pentagrams. It was a calculated suicide mission, since destroying the Avatar would win the game for the heroes.

At the start of the fight, the Sins player played Ravenous Gluttony, a card that reads:

"Avatar gains the same Fight bonuses given by current hero's Upgrades."

Question that came up being, are defense bonuses considered Fight bonuses? Thorley had a kevlar vest and Ice Blade, giving him +3 defense. If the Avatar also gained those it would require 10 hits to be destroyed. We ruled that the Avatar DID game the defense bonuses and was therefore very difficult to defeat but Thorley managed to just barely get there - although he died in the effort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie P
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you did it right. Those defense bonuses can only be used in a fight. You can't use them for entering / leaving space wounds like fire or monster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevie P
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also was a great play by the sin player and sounds like was an exciting ending.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Don't make me exile you.
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds correct to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.