Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » General

Subject: Legacy deck/objective deck wanted! [SPOILERS] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geert Vinaskov
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so I got a secondhand copy. Think is, the previous owner threw away the legacy deck and objective cards. Basicly anything that has some "useable element" has been removed.

Would I be able to still get the legacy experience somehow. I already hace the stickers and things feom the reset kit.

Thanks!

Edit: changed title of this thread to add [SPOILERS]

Edits: adding some links as a reference for myself:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1503733/full-game-timeline-...
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1559566/replaying-season-1-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Legacy deck/objective deck?
Why the hell would he do that? Do you mean he's already played through the campaign?

Either way the answer is no. The legacy deck is the engine that drives the entire game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert Vinaskov
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And would I be able to get it somewhere? Not scans per se, but only the crucial information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first post in this thread: [FULL GAME SPOILERS] Numbered Contents of all the Legacy Components has an almost complete list of what's in the Legacy Deck, broken down by month.

The "almost" is because June's entry is missing the list of which doors to open at the start of the month, and is missing a close-spoiler tag so that spoiler also includes July's entry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
That thread only summarises what everything is, though. It doesn't give enough information to reconstruct the game.

I hate to say this, but Pandemic Legacy really is not a game to try to play with a secondhand copy. Used copies can be a really nifty source of miscellaneous components, if the price is right and you don't mind spoilers, but they're scarcely playable.

The attempt is likely to be complicated, frustrating and error-prone. I would expect the team to make lots of rules errors and receive a huge number of accidental spoilers while trying to figure everything out.

And reset kits are only really suitable for people wanting to re-play the game. There's no easy way to print one out and prep it without giving yourself disastrous spoilers for the entire season.

It really would be much better to buy a new copy. And not to look at anything from a used copy, reset kit, timeline posting, etc. in the meantime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert Vinaskov
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clivej wrote:
That thread only summarises what everything is, though. It doesn't give enough information to reconstruct the game.

Exactly.

clivej wrote:
The attempt is likely to be complicated, frustrating and error-prone. I would expect the team to make lots of rules errors and receive a huge number of accidental spoilers while trying to figure everything out.

I've been spoilered, and I don't mind. And from the looks of it, it doesn't seem so hard to reconstruct it, I've plenty of experience with normal Pandemic, with print-and-playing, and finding out rules. I'm confident that it I'm able to do it.

Note that spoilers are a non-issue for me. Also, I'm not asking for story/theme/narrative. I do recognize however that this is a great part of the experience, but I choose here to just focus on the mechanical part of the gameplay.

So, does anyone think this information "only the gameplay" elements of the legacy deck is available somewhere? Even if it's summarized?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Problem is: the information you're asking for is arguably enough to let you play Pandemic Legacy using a regular Pandemic set, a bunch of Post-It notes and a bunch of spare tokens.

I'd at the very least want to check Z-Man were OK with it before providing information that detailed online!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.