Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Jenkinson
United Kingdom
Leicester
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies if this Question has been asked elsewhere, but at the end of the game does the scoring of fulfilled contracts have to be done in the order presented in the manual/game scoring overview card?

Excavation contracts are listed first, and scoring these could mean that it may not be possible to score a track+excavation contract (which may be worth more points).

The rules don't seem to explicitly say they must to be resolved in the order presented, but in saying 'if they can't be scored then leave the rubble cubes where they are' I wonder we should be scoring them in the specified order.

It'll change my strategy somewhat if the intention IS to score them in order, as taking a couple of high scoring (e.g. 12 excavation) contracts would mean scoring other contacts would be nigh on impossible.

Thanks.

(p.s. I'm REALLY enjoying this game, even if we are scoring it wrong 'house ruling')

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
You can choose which cards you score with your excavated rubble. As you know, each rubble cube can only count for scoring once.

Same with station cubes and laid rail, obviously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Jenkinson
United Kingdom
Leicester
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you. That's what we assumed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
Having said all that, I do like the idea of a gradiated deck (perhaps with low numbers that are easy to achieve and high ones that are much harder).

Possible potential for an expansion, there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.