11 Posts

Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Loyalty of Imperial Systems rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Mittelbach
Austria
flag msg tools
Maybe I am blind, but I find the loyalty rules seriously unclear.

What happens if the Rebels conquer a imperial loyal system with ground units?

Does the Imperium loose the loyalty on it? That is how we played so far.

There seems to be no explicit mention of this anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no mention, as it doesn't happen.

The only way to change loyalty is when a card or rule says that you gain or lose loyalty in the system. Moving units into a system loyal to the opponent does nothing. If Imperials move ground units into a system loyal to the Rebels, the loyalty doesn't change either, but it does gain a Subjugation token in addition to keeping its Rebel loyalty token.

The Loyalty section of the RRG has more info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
The only way to lose loyalty is by doing the missions that gives you loyalty so for exp:imperial loyalty in 1 system and the rebels play a mission that gives them 1 loyalty in the same system,it would simply remove the imperial loyalty from the planet...if i remember correctly the rules refference is very clear...your example doesnt change the loyalty...

I was too slow hehe...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
I think it's easier to understand if you take it literally: loyalty means you are loyal to someone (A). Just because someone else (B) shows up at your door with guns you are still loyal to A. B can force you to work for them (subjugated systems) or sabotage your building process (systems with enemy units) but that doesn't make you loyal to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Bauer
Germany
flag msg tools
Think of it like two different political agendas: The imperials try to bring peace and order by subjugation and control and the rebels try to free the galaxy and build a democracy without the police state of the empire.
So the rebels would never use their military to change someones loyalty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Mittelbach
Austria
flag msg tools
Hmmm, well that helps a bit.

No reason for ground invasions in loyal systems then I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric C
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheArchduke wrote:

Invading a Rebel-loyal system with Imperial ground troops will subjugate it. Instead of the Rebels getting (typically) two units, you will instead build your own unit. It also eliminates a location where the Rebel base might be hiding. This is normally the most powerful thing you can do in the game with a single action - the Imperials will have to subjugate many Rebel-loyal systems to win. (Of course, the Rebels are going to try to destroy the Imperial units left to guard these systems - if those units are removed, then the planet is no longer subjugated and can keep building Rebel units).

The Rebels can't subjugate, but putting Rebel ground units on an Imperial world will stop all production from that world. Putting troops on Corellia, for example, can stop the Empire from getting a Star Destroyer and a TIE Fighter. It can also help with scoring Cut Supply Lines. It won't be quite as common, but there are still plenty of reasons for the Rebels to put troops on Imperial-loyal systems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Mage Tools for Android
mbmbmb
Daravon wrote:
The Rebels can't subjugate, but putting Rebel ground units on an Imperial world will stop all production from that world.
It doesn't have to be ground units.
RR page 3 wrote:
A player cannot use a system’s resource icons to build units if
his opponent has a unit in the system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheArchduke wrote:

The Rebels don't invade, or conquer. They liberate. And there are plenty of Objective cards that are achieved this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
poshniallo wrote:
TheArchduke wrote:

The Rebels don't invade, or conquer. They liberate. And there are plenty of Objective cards that are achieved this way.

Well, there's only one objective card that this applies to, and the term "liberate" isn't a game term, but rather it's part of the title of the card "Liberation". And even there, it only applies to a subjugated world (so you couldn't use it when attacking an Empire-loyal world).

Most of the other combat objectives for the Rebels don't even require the rebels win the battle, just destroy a certain amount of units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Weiss
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having units on enemy loyal systems can make the diplomacy efforts easier also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.