Subject: Arveni Bot Devastate SA rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Wallwork
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vercingetorix is in Atrebates and wishes to use Devastate in Mandubii. However I am not sure if he can. In Mandubii there is 1 Legion, 7 Aedui & 2 Arveni warbands. As the Arveni have to remove 1 in 4 then does that still happen with only 2 warbands? Likewise the Romans & Aedui have to remove 1 in 3. The Aedui can do that but not the Romans.

Also the Bot flowchart says in each region where at least as many Romans & Aedui pieces as Averni. So if my 2 Arveni go then can I remove 1 Legion & 1 Aedui warband?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How do the Arverni Devastate a Region they don't Control?

/Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Pesmatzoglou
Greece
Agios Nikolaos - Anavyssos
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you cannot use the ability if you do not have at least 4 warbands, also you need control

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nickpes wrote:
I think you cannot use the ability if you do not have at least 4 warbands, also you need control
There is no need to have 4 warbands. All 4.3.2 says is that you need control and be within one of Vercingetorix/with successor.

However, since losses are rounded down the only time you can inflict losses on an enemy with less than 4 warbands is if you have allies/citadel/leader that helps you take control.
E.g. a region with the 3 Arverni allies, 3 Arverni warbands, Vercingetorix, and 6 enemy warbands of one faction will inflict 2 looses on the enemy, but not take any losses themselves.

You can also devastate regions that have only one of your warbands as long as no other pieces are in it without taking losses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Wallwork
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They can't. Oops blush

Oerjan wrote:
How do the Arverni Devastate a Region they don't Control?

/Oerjan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Pesmatzoglou
Greece
Agios Nikolaos - Anavyssos
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:

However, since losses are rounded down the only time you can inflict losses on an enemy with less than 4 warbands is if you have allies/citadel/leader that helps you take control.
E.g. a region with the 3 Arverni allies, 3 Arverni warbands, Vercingetorix, and 6 enemy warbands of one faction will inflict 2 looses on the enemy, but not take any losses themselves.

I knew that you could devastate without loosing Wb, but I thought that in order for removing 1 out of 3 enemy you should remove your too. Thanks for letting me know
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.