Lost Legacy: The Starship» Forums » General

Subject: which of the sets should i get ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
KusHniR
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
there is like 5 sets available in CSI which one should i get? which one is the best (how will you rank them ? )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Aldridge
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good question, and not an easy one to answer. Each of the sets plays very differently. The interesting part comes in making your own custom set out of several.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Peckham
England
Dorking
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kushnir wrote:
there is like 5 sets available in CSI which one should i get? which one is the best (how will you rank them ? )

I've played all of the sets, so I'll try and answer this one.

The first two sets, which were originally sold as standalone items, are really good. The Starship and Flying Garden have probably seen the most table time out of all of the Lost Legacy sets, as the cards are simple but work well together. They both deal with the "ruins" mechanism lots too which stands this game apart from Love Letter, so I'd definitely consider starting there.

The first double pack they sold, Vorpal Sword & Whitegold Spire I feel is probably the weakest of all the sets. The card interactions start to become convoluted, and the scoring mechanism they introduce is a little hit or miss. However, there are a few good cards muddled in there, so it's worth picking up at some point just so you can see how it plays, and start mixing decks.

The next double pack, Sacred Grail & Staff of Dragons I don't remember much about, and has seen the table the least out of all of the sets. However, I do remember that it changed the scoring again, and it worked quite nicely. I can't give too much insight in to this, but I do remember it was solid enough to warrant keeping.

The latest double pack available in the UK, The Werewolf & Undying Heart, I think it my favourite for a long time. It goes back and simplifies the rules like the original sets, but keeps these clever card interactions, and the artwork and themeing is fantastic. I do think it plays best with both sets mixed together, however, as the way each set plays off each other is very unique.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.