$30.00
Stephen M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

NEXT SESSION : Wednesday August 24, 2016.
GAMES : There are usually 50-100 games to choose from.
WHERE? THE LOUNGE of the Canadian Legion Branch 351 - Centertown, 330 Kent Street (The Montgomery Legion)
WHEN? Gaming starts at 5 pm and goes until 10
PARKING : Kent and Somerset have parking, as well as the nearest side streets which are Gilmour, Maclaren, Cooper and Lisgar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was nice to be back after a week away.

Sharon, Patrick, Steve and I tried out a new game, My Village. This is a dice based game set in the world of Village. It has a similar "death" mechanism and similar types of activities (produce, sell, travel, etc.) but that is where the similarities seem to end. It is a dice based game that is not a lighter version of Village. In the game you are building a tableau of cards you can activate to perform actions and then once in your tableau you can activate multiple cards at once. Steve and I seemed to be competing over the same things with me edging him out on points from the church and council chambers and him beating me on stored "story points". Sharon had a nice "council chamber" that allowed her to produce wild goods and she used this to thrash everyone in the travelling. Patrick created a nice tableau of goods producing that allowed him to produce lots of goods at once. This helped give him a massive lead in fulfilling customer orders. In the end, I edged out a win over Steve. Lots of good, tough choices in this game. It takes a massive amount of table space though.

Other games I saw played were Istanbul, Québec, and Dice City.

See you all next week.

P.S. - don't forget KanataKon 2016 on Sept. 16-17. Website is: KanataKon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.