Falling Sky: The Gallic Revolt Against Caesar» Forums » Rules

Subject: Belgae bot AI question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antonio Nessuno
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a dubt about Belgae bot AI, if the belgae have a region with a lot of warbands, and that region is surrounded of controlled belgic's regions... If control don't change, Do All those warbands never move?

(In addition to question, i would be happy if you correct my english)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Didier Renard
France
Saint-Louis
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course it depends on the situation.
The March to add control (8.5.5) would have warbands from regions in the periphery move first to take control of a new region. A possible scenario I think is that the new region is outside Belgica and so they will not seek to retain control while leaving. This means one or several regions of the periphery could now be without control. In step 2, units in the central region could then possibly move to take control of one such region. Finally Ambiorix will move to join the group with most warbands.
It seems to me this is how the Belgian bot would get out of this position. Note this is my current understanding of how it works, but I reckon I got this command wrong several times in my games I think. And I still might be wrong!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also consider that if the Belgae have control of such regions they are most likely winning, or will simply need to keep rallying to win.

I think the smallest amount of tribes under Belgae control in this situation is 8 (Ambiorix in Morini) and with control of it and all adjacent regions all they need to do is ensure that they place allies in all those spots too to exceed their victory condition.

So that blob never moving isn't necessarily a bad thing.

EDIT: Never mind, Ambiorix in Sugambri is only 7 tribes, so short of their victory condition.
In that case the constantly replenishing Germans will soon take control away from them though, forcing the blob to move.
Since many of the regions are outside Belgica the above mentioned scenario is also likely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting question.

Antonio, have you seen this situation come up in practice?

Thanks! Volko
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Nessuno
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Volko wrote:
Interesting question.

Antonio, have you seen this situation come up in practice?

Thanks! Volko

In effect, no.
I am studying the rules for solo and once i reach the part of the Belgae, i thinked this doubt. I think it can happen and wanted to know if the AI was able to unlock the situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Pesmatzoglou
Greece
Agios Nikolaos - Anavyssos
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the map I think that when this happens the Belgians will have more than enough VP needed or they will only need rally to place tribes.

Belgae must have at least five controlled regions in order to have their warbands at one that is surrounded by theirs only, which would give them 10 points at least only from control I believe that then bot Belgae would look to rally tribes, not march, which makes sense

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nickpes wrote:
Looking at the map I think that when this happens the Belgians will have more than enough VP needed or they will only need rally to place tribes.

Belgae must have at least five controlled regions in order to have their warbands at one that is surrounded by theirs only, which would give them 10 points at least only from control I believe that then bot Belgae would look to rally tribes, not march, which makes sense
See my post above. There are some spots with less tribes, but I agree that the bot is much better off rallying tribes than marching in that situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Nessuno
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to all for reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.