Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
How will your marriage grow today?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had an interesting scenario recently while playing.

At the end of the round was the Passengers Rebellion card, meaning that anybody in a train car received a neutral bullet.

However, two players were in the locomotive, which is distinctly different than the train cars. There's no loot (other than the lockbox) and therefore, no passengers.

We opted that the two players who were in the locomotive did not receive a neutral bullet. Did we misinterpret the rule on this? Should players in the locomotive car still receive a neutral bullet when the Passenger's Rebellion action is used?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Hughes
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the locomotive is explicitly excluded from the prisoner revolt card, so outlaws there should receive a neutral bullet.

Thematically, there would be an engineer and a stoker, so there are people to fight back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Sombrero
msg tools
mb
If I'm not mistaken, there was an identical topic and the publisher clarified Locomotive is subject to rebellion as well.

I might be wrong though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don Sombrero wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, there was an identical topic and the publisher clarified Locomotive is subject to rebellion as well.

I might be wrong though.

Interesting.

I double checked the rules which noted the contents of the game included 6 cars and one locomotive. And the passengers rebellion action clearly states that any bandit within a car receives a neutral bullet. We interpreted that to mean the locomotive was exempt.

Perhaps the rules in German or French are more clear, and something minor was lost in translation?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew MacLeod
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Christophe Raimbault (the designer) had this to say:

Quote:
...yes the locomotive (or engine ^^) and the stagecoach do have passengers.

in this thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
amacleod wrote:
Christophe Raimbault (the designer) had this to say:

Quote:
...yes the locomotive (or engine ^^) and the stagecoach do have passengers.

in this thread.

Yep, that was my question and thread, and got my answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.