Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Watson
United States
Farmington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm disappointed as to the progress and state of this game's release. Early announcements indicated that this game would come out prior to Ascendancy. Now, it appears to have been pushed to the wayside. There are no previews or even an indication that it is still a "thing". Whether or not this is due to issues with the IP owner, game development or the printer, I'd appreciate updates to the status for Time of the Daleks.

Any rumors, news or speculation on this front?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Walker
United States
Bolingbroke
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The designer has posted a few times on this, notably https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23141655#23141655.

I think the BBC isn't overloading the hype machine like we've seen on many games this year. We're just going to have to be patient. Essen is coming, and we'll likely hear something then. BBC may want to make sure it releases in Britain first before America, perhaps.

Besides, maybe this hints of time spent improving the game instead of rushing something mediocre to market. Dr. Who is one of those IP's that's had really bad games published in it's name before. I'm looking forward to this being a pleasant surprise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Chambers
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
They said it would be an Essen release a while back. Don't expect to hear much till then I'd guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Watson
United States
Farmington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LKOsiliconMage wrote:
The designer has posted a few times on this, notably https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23141655#23141655.

I think the BBC isn't overloading the hype machine like we've seen on many games this year. We're just going to have to be patient. Essen is coming, and we'll likely hear something then. BBC may want to make sure it releases in Britain first before America, perhaps.

Besides, maybe this hints of time spent improving the game instead of rushing something mediocre to market. Dr. Who is one of those IP's that's had really bad games published in it's name before. I'm looking forward to this being a pleasant surprise.

Good lord...I read this post but did not equate October with Essen. It makes sense from GF9 to time Star Trek with Gencon and Who with Essen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Haught
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
There will be some updates posted in September. Keep a look out on the GF9.com and Doctorwho.gf9games.com websites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Liles
United States
Valparaiso
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I asked about this at Origins, but they were unsure of the timing. It would be great to play this during the Christmas episode!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Walker
United States
Bolingbroke
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See? We just need a wee bit of patience. A lot of us have high hopes for this game, and our Acquisition Disorder is in full froth!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Dyer
United States
Coventry
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I found this thread cause I was losing my patience from anticipation.
I want this game to be good and i want more details on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Spenner
United States
Waynesville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed that the game finally appears on GF9's website homepage. That's gotta count for something, right...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Watson
United States
Farmington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Couldn't find the reference on their web site. Link please or IS IT GONE???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Spenner
United States
Waynesville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well...crap. I couldn't find it now, either. I had found it tucked into the game title graphics at the top of their homepage with a "Coming Soon!" sign over it. I guess I jinxed it. It was there! I swear!

I did find this, though, from a little while back:
http://www.gf9.com/Default.aspx?tabid=227&art_id=4996

Unrelated, but related: I'm still waiting on my GF9 Star Trek Ascendancy pre-order. The forum over on that game is rife with "found it in such and such store!" along with "anyone getting their preorders?" Grr...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raviv Nagel
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's on http://gf9games.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Spenner
United States
Waynesville
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
raviv wrote:

That's where I saw it! Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.