Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have Dominion, Intrigue, Seaside, and Prosperity. I am really happy with those sets and like them. I was content for a long time that I did not need anymore cards. I recently played with someone who owns all the cards and brought them to our game day. Turns out that are a bunch of interesting cards out there. So vote below and comment if you want to tell me which set you think would be the best one to add next. I am thinking about Dark Ages, Adventures, or Empires would be the best but open to any suggestions.

Poll
      82 answers
Poll created by jbetz45453

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
Who are you kidding? You'll get them all

I voted for Hinterlands as I quite like it but to me at least most of these are better than the ones you have because they are a bit more complex and because I find Prosperity to be more of the same and Seaside's duration cards are not my favourite. Cornucopia doesn't get much love but I think you should get it together with one of the big ones because it opens up new strategies where you do not have to focus on a couple of kingdom cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt E
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cornucopia and Guilds are now sold together, so that's another (very good) option. I voted Hinterlands, but Cornucopia+Guilds may be an even better choice. Really they're all good; it just depends on how much complexity you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wolfe
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Zendo fan, Columbus Blue Jackets fan, Dominion Fan.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dominion: Guilds & Cornucopia is a thing now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I voted for Cornucopia because you don't have Cornucopia & Guilds as an option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I will have to combine the guilds and cornucopia votes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My recommendation would be something like: Adventures > Dark Ages > Empires > Hinterlands > Small expansions. Small expansions are not great value for money, and while Guilds and Alchemy are both pretty awesome, that lack of value drops it.

Since you have four sets you're clearly no beginner, so going for something with some cool, slightly more advanced stuff like Adventures or Dark Ages sounds good. Adventures just has some really awesome stuff in general so that gets top choice, but Dark Ages has 35 kingdom cards, which is great. Empires also has lots of cool stuff but a little less cool than Adventures. Hinterlands is sorta ehh, it has some nice cards but lots of less fun ones. It feels kinda generic in a way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I Eat Tables wrote:
Hinterlands is sorta ehh, it has some nice cards but lots of less fun ones. It feels kinda generic in a way.
But it is also cheaper than the other large expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's true, although not really by much. I've just done a quick Amazon search, and Hinterlands is about £27 while most of the other expansions are around £28-32.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who's often into the "cult of the new", Dominion being no exception, I voted for Empires. Both Landmarks and extra Events (new to you since you don't have Adventures at the moment when they were introduced) seems to do quite a lot of variety on its own. Many of the Kingdom cards add further content.

Also, quite "jarring" how your poll isn't ordered in release order. I kid you not, I actually rearranged the Dominion section of somebody's FLGS because they were as "out of whack" as what you have. Hopefully there wasn't any "marketing thing" behind what the FLGS did, but what's done was done :x
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
As someone who's often into the "cult of the new", Dominion being no exception, I voted for Empires. Both Landmarks and extra Events (new to you since you don't have Adventures at the moment when they were introduced) seems to do quite a lot of variety on its own. Many of the Kingdom cards add further content.

Also, quite "jarring" how your poll isn't ordered in release order. I kid you not, I actually rearranged the Dominion section of somebody's FLGS because they were as "out of whack" as what you have. Hopefully there wasn't any "marketing thing" behind what the FLGS did, but what's done was done :x

surprise!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Betz
United States
Hamburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the votes and feedback. Will have to think about it for a bit and then make a decision. Still feel strongly about Dark Ages, Adventures and Empires. The Hinterlands expansion seems to get a lot of love here also. I do like the ideal of Guilds and Cornucopia being available as a combined set. Like the first person who posted on this post said " who are you kidding you will get them all". Not so sure about that as I do not get to play this enough face to face to justify having all the sets. Just looking to add a little more variety to what I already have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit Pilotte
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hinterlands is fine as a second or third expansion, but I think you are ready for Dark Ages; if not, Adventures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.