Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Parsons
United Kingdom
Liverpool Street Station
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Looking at my Geekbuddy ratings, I click on analyze for multiple games and get nothing. It's like none of them have rated the game, which I know is not true. I go to the game page and click Geekbuddy analysis - and there are my buddies' ratings and comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fearsome beasts and where to find
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmb
Works for me. Did you notice you have to enter the game's BGG ID number, not the game name?

Edit: Ah, I see what you mean. In the ratings list, the link on the right doesn't pass along a game ID in the query. You can however get the ID from the link on the left, then enter that manually before the last & in the analysis link.

Editagain: Several other bugs and oddities with this list have been reported before and none was ever fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parsons
United Kingdom
Liverpool Street Station
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
Several other bugs and oddities with this list have been reported before and none was ever fixed.

I'm one of those people who has posted about other "quirks" and had a few ideas for improvements to Geekbuddy ratings, and seen nothing done. Ever. It's a shame, it seems as though many people use this feature and yet it's allowed to fall into disrepair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Esther Phillips - Baby, I'm for Real!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use Analyze constantly, but never realized there was a problem using it that way because I've always accessed it from the game page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fraser
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
I use Analyze constantly, but never realized there was a problem using it that way because I've always accessed it from the game page.
Me too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parsons
United Kingdom
Liverpool Street Station
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I like to use the ratings list as a way of alerting me to new games that my geekbuddies rate highly. To that end, I'd love to be able to filter out expansions, it would be really helpful if video games did not show up, and while there is a work round of going to the game page, it would be much more convenient if the bug with analyze was fixed.

Fraser, since you are an Admin, could you perhaps encourage whoever is responsible for this part of BGG to break their silence?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Glyn
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Twitter @kyleglyn reddit /u/kyleglyn
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy Parsons wrote:
Looking at my Geekbuddy ratings, I click on analyze for multiple games and get nothing. It's like none of them have rated the game, which I know is not true. I go to the game page and click Geekbuddy analysis - and there are my buddies' ratings and comments.

I ran into this problem today as well. If the Analyze button worked, it would make checking my friends' ratings much easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.