Popular Tags: [View All]
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Not meant as a rhetorical question, could someone please give at least some info as to what differentiates this ruleset from, say the 2013 or earlier rulesets?

And why one would be compelled to pay $70USD(!!) for just the new(?) rules???

The website is painfully vague, indeed descriptions for all ATS modules are now so vague as to be laughable.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mochara c
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While I agree that ~$70 is a bit rich here's what you'd get if you were feeling expansive & sprung for the thing.

- A fully-searchable .pdf of the rules which I find mega-handy since I am kind of stupid and find myself looking up the same things all the time.
- A rules version that underwent a significant edit for clarity and now includes a great number more cross-references. The index is much more complete, as well.
- Integration of the rules introduced in ATS TT that have been made part of the greater ATS canon; there's been lots of good stuff added in if you choose to use it.
- Access to VASSAL modules for the games you own. There are many and they are outstanding.

The website has undergone some positive changes, as late, so if you haven't looked around in there recently you may find it somewhat better than before. IF NOT, more descriptive material can often be found at their www.tactical-level-gaming.com site.

Hope that helps - m
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks for the reply. Don't think I'll be springing the $100 CAD for a looseleaf binder ruleset even for the Vassal mods, but I will definitely check out the website you linked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephan jacobi
Germany
St Ingbert
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
and you shouldn't... this game is an ever changing mess off new counters, counter sizes, rules, maps etc and all of this just done to make you pay a couple of times for the same thing....
As for the PDF, you would not need one if the rules would be halfway structured. And the VASL modules were available for free for a long time....
I liked the system quite a bit in the beginning but am done with it because of the above and the fact that support (and a player base (( at least in my part of Europe)) is non existent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.