Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
depesz depesz
Poland
Magdalenka
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
Hi,
we just played first game, for January, and it looks like we did something wrong.

Before January game we drew one card from legacy deck, the one "january mission briefing".

It had "stop" on it, so we didn't drew any more.

Then, we won the game (by finding all 4 cures), but there were no other drawn cards from legacy deck.

Then, we started february game, and got, from legacy deck card: "Mandatory objective, discover cures to the 4 diseases". Next card in legacy deck had "stop" so we didn't drew it, but noticed it had "draw this card as soon as second epidemic card has been completely resolved".

So, we played february, and when we hit 2nd epicemid, we drew the card from legcy deck, which is named "January mission briefing update". But we're playing February already? Did we do something wrong? Should we drew the legacy deck in other way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first card says "Stop...Draw this card and read the other side just before you set up your first game."

Once you drew that one (January mission briefing) the next card did not say stop so you should have drawn it and it would have given you to mandatory objective of curing 4 diseases in January.

The card after that says "Stop...Put the Reminder token on the third space of the Infection Rate track. Draw this card as soon as the second epidemic card has been completely resolved." This card should have been drawn in January when the second epidemic was resolved.

When drawing cards from the legacy deck you always draw until you hit a card that says "Stop."
Then you look to see what condition it listed under "Stop" and as soon as that condition is met you will draw the card, read it, and keep drawing and reading until you're told to stop again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
depesz depesz
Poland
Magdalenka
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
ok, thanks. the last sentence cleared the problem. the stop sign on card 01 is very confusing then, as it clearly doesn't mean "stop". why is there, then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I doubt you were the only person to get tripped up by this.

It does mean stop but it's telling you "Stop don't draw this" not "Stop after you draw this."

Just pay attention to the condition the stop card gives you for drawing it and you'll be alright.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
depesz depesz
Poland
Magdalenka
mazowieckie
flag msg tools
ok. thanks again. I think that this (stop sign on first card) is clearly a mistake, and should be fixed in next editions.

we'll simply "clean" the game and restart from january. luckily not that much issues

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
depesz wrote:
I think that this (stop sign on first card) is clearly a mistake

No - it's important people don't start reading the Legacy deck before they've begun to play Pandemic Legacy.

And, once they're playing, there will be plenty more moments at which they must stop drawing cards from the Legacy deck.

It's unfortunate if people don't draw cards when they should, but it's just as unfortunate if people draw them too soon.

The general rule is: when you see a "STOP" card, stop. Don't draw it or turn it over - yet - but do read it and make sure you understand when you are supposed to resume drawing from the legacy deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Woodward
United States
Bowling Green
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you are not the only person who got tripped up by this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben W
Canada
AB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have no way of knowing that. It's a simple mistake, much like forgetting to draw after the 2nd epidemic, like my group did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Monterroso
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
If you are not having fun, then you are missing the point.
mbmbmbmbmb
WoozyB wrote:
You have no way of knowing that. It's a simple mistake, much like forgetting to draw after the 2nd epidemic, like my group did.

Oh no!
They tried to help by including the reminder token.
The reminder token is placed in the appropriate place to help you remember.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Mmm. Quite a lot of people have missed things happening after the second Epidemic, but normally by not reading the text on the second STOP card. I've not heard of anybody putting the reminder token on the track and then forgetting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug L
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have found a few things confusing with the legacy deck. I totally screwed up March last night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.