Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Colonialism» Forums » Rules

Subject: Colonization Check: "And" or "Or"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
There's a shape called "The Golden Rectangle". Have you heard of it?
United States
Little Canada
Minnesota
flag msg tools
It refers to a rectangle that's approximately contstructed in the ratio of 9 to 16. The golden rectangle has several characteristics. Let's say I create a square within this shape. Then, this smaller rectangle that I just created will also be a
badge
golden rectangle. I make another square within that and the leftover is another golden rectangle. And I make a few more, and when I connect all the central points of these shapes it creates a spiral that continues forever. This is the "Golden Spin".
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Colonization actions must be conducted for a region if:
- There are any policy cards in play in
the region.
- The region fails a limit check.

If it is an "and", if the region is not in conflict at the start of the colonization phase then card effects would not trigger, even if those cards would put the region into conflict. Presumably the cards would then stay in play until they actually do trigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Leibbrandt
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It is not an "and," it is an "either." If either, or both, of these conditions are the case, colonization actions occur. This means that cards always trigger on the turn they are played.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.