Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't seem to find this in the rules. Can a set be two cards of the same or does it have to be three?

Also, like the card "Deep Ones" says "For each set of Great Old One and Manuscript gain 6 VP" Does that mean 6vp for a "set" of Great Old Ones and 6 for a set of Manuscripts, or do you have to have a set of both to get 6 vp?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Yellowbeard
United States
Winston-Salem
NC
flag msg tools
You're either born a pirate or not! It's in the blood...
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowsclassic wrote:
I can't seem to find this in the rules. Can a set be two cards of the same or does it have to be three?

Also, like the card "Deep Ones" says "For each set of Great Old One and Manuscript gain 6 VP" Does that mean 6vp for a "set" of Great Old Ones and 6 for a set of Manuscripts, or do you have to have a set of both to get 6 vp?

To me this reads, One (1) Great Old One and one (1) Manuscript = a Set for 6VP
Two (2) Great Old Ones and two (2) Manuscripts = two (2) Sets for 12VP

Looking for verification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bowles
United States
Depauw
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CapnYB wrote:
shadowsclassic wrote:

To me this reads, One (1) Great Old One and one (1) Manuscript = a Set for 6VP
Two (2) Great Old Ones and two (2) Manuscripts = two (2) Sets for 12VP

Looking for verification.

I think you are right, that makes more sense. I was thinking set as in matching, but that would make the ones that have five on it almost impossible to get.

Thanks again Captain!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The same question applies to some cards in Tides of Time. It was asked in this thread and resolved by this post from the US representative for the publisher.

His response supports your answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.