Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » England

Subject: Looking for board Wargames in Wimbledon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave W
msg tools
Hiya. Recently relocated to Winmbledon not a youngster looking for a friendly group of historical board Wargames. Let me know, Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Watson
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey - United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ASL - other tactical wargames call it Sir.
badge
Beneath this mask there is an idea.....and ideas are bulletproof.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I attend the Epsom Games Club - not specifically a wargames club, but many of us are wargamers and although the weekly/monthly club meets are mainly strategy gaming wargames do also get played - last Thursday saw ASL on the table and the likes of Successors, 'Hannibal: Rome v Carthage', 'Day of Days', 'Flying Colors' and many others have been played.

There is a monthly meeting 10:00-18:00 in Ewell church hall which has space and time to allow some serious wargaming.

There is a guild for the club here on BGG - Epsom Games Club - Epsom is just about in range of Wimbledon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave W
msg tools
Thanks I will check it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Ludoquist
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Electro1 wrote:
Hiya. Recently relocated to Winmbledon not a youngster looking for a friendly group of historical board Wargames. Let me know, Dave

We're going to be opening Shortly(TM) in Croydon, a mere tram ride away. We'll mainly be at the lighter end of Wargames (Command & Colors, Memoir 44 etc), but will hopefully be arranging specific evenings/days for 'proper' wargames - http://www.theludoquist.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerard Linehan
United Kingdom
HAMPTON
Middlesex
flag msg tools
Hi Dave

Is advanced Squad leader in your orbit? if so i can host in Hampton or come and play in Wimbledon to suit

Gerard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave W
msg tools
HI Gerard
I have just moved back to Uk from South Africa so have nothing with me yet.
I used to play a bit of ASL but many years ago. I did buy the ASLSK series but didn't have anyone to play with.
If you are prepared to teach a newbie I am keen to play.
Best is your place as I am in digs. I am in Wimbledon Park don't know how close that is...
Cheers
Dave
PS I am over 50, hope that's not a problem either!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.