Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Phillips
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
One does not simply surf into Mordor!
mbmbmbmbmb
We are right in the middle of our first play through and clarifying some things.Now that I know the starting tiles are one long hallway and not blocked by walls... what is the benefit of going to level 2 and not just exploring level one?

Am I correct that all scenario triggers can be activated on level one? The scenario states the potent talismans are more easily found deeper in the tomb. Does this just mean there are more frequent scenario triggers on tomb tiles the deeper you go?

Also... one other thing... on level one I drew the Armory tile (It's a level 1,2 or 3 tile). There is an obvious stairway (and ladder) on this tile. What do the mean? Is it just art or are these ways to get to level 2?

Thanks in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't counted tiles looking for scenario triggers, but you are correct to assume the deeper you go should bring scenario triggers more frequently. Remember, you only have six rounds in the Pharaoh scenario to try and get all the special weapons. The weapons are important in defeating the Pharaoh. You would rather he not wake up until your are well equipped.

As for the Armory Room, if the tile does not contain a rope icon or contain instructions about it being adjacent to a lower level tile, the stairs are for atmospheric purposes only. Also remember, that tiles having the rope icon connect to Level 3. Level two is easily reached by the Level One stairs found as part the starting set-up tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Phillips
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And the fact that some triggers (on this level) start with 1.1 and then another has 2.1 has nothing to do with what level they must be found on correct? In other words they are not trying to say that 2.1 has to be found on the 2nd level etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they can be found on any level and progress the scenario just the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Phillips
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the Curse of the Mummy (1.1) activate every time you draw a map tile with it's icon or only the first time to draw one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly N.
United States
Richmond
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only the first.

(looks like I'm wrong: see below) blush

I guess I've been playing it incorrectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angler wrote:
Does the Curse of the Mummy (1.1) activate every time you draw a map tile with it's icon or only the first time to draw one?

Every time you explore a new tile that has the 'Scenario 1' symbol.
The Scenario 2/3 triggers (paragraphs 2.1-2.3) each occur once only, but the Scenario 1 trigger has no limitations, so it occurs every time.

(the Map of the Tomb's Rooms item could be very useful here - it allows that adventurer to discard and redraw a room tile.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it most definitely trigger every time.

All of the rules questions and FAQ have been compiled into a living document on GoogleDocs. You can read more about it on this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Phillips
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have read through the FAQ's. I game a bunch and have for years. There are just a few things I am having a hard time getting my head around. For instance... there is nothing in this scenario that states you have to get to the 3rd level but at turn 6 of the comet track it states to spawn the boss on the 3rd level the farthest tile from the 3rd level start tile. What if you don't find rope and make it to the 3rd level... where do you spawn him?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Phillips
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
angler wrote:
I have read through the FAQ's. I game a bunch and have for years. There are just a few things I am having a hard time getting my head around. For instance... there is nothing in this scenario that states you have to get to the 3rd level but at turn 6 of the comet track it states to spawn the boss on the 3rd level the farthest tile from the 3rd level start tile. What if you don't find rope and make it to the 3rd level... where do you spawn him?

Wait... I think I got it. The entrance to level 3 is laid out in setup so even if we are not down to that level... he would spawn on this tile and move freely up to the second level... correct? Might the strategy me to get to the 3rd level to try and have more attempts (space) to kill him?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.