Keziah Herbert
United Kingdom
Hayes, Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all
I was reading a funny article about types of board gamer http://www.boardgameresource.com/10-board-game-players/, and found myself fitting a few of the categories (depending on the game!) and recognizing a few of my gaming friends too meeple

I'd love to hear what you think you fall into, and what types are your gaming friends.

I'd say I am an OCD gamer, I like neatly stacking all my pieces and want all the cards to be in neat piles, things turned round the right way and not haphazard *twitch*
And although I am generally not a "rage gamer"...I now don't play Tigris and Euphrates as it angries up the blood and I totally lose my sense of humour whistle

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
Seeing that the list was a "10 Types of Annoying Board Gamer" I wouldn't be surprised if anyone sees much of themselves on that list.

I am the social gamer. I am always chatting, attempting jokes, making(I hope people pick up on this) light hearted threats, thanking people for making certain in game moves. I never take any board game seriously, play to win, but don't really care if I come in first or last. If I am at an open game night I will always try to play a game that plays a large number of people over a one that plays less, even though I feel games that play less are usually more enjoyable. The only thing that gets me upset while gaming is when I am explaining a game and 2+ other people that have played it are constantly interrupting my explanation, adding in rules that I have not gotten to yet.

Most of my real life/day to day friends are not board gamers(though I just found out one brought Deception after falling in love with it....pretty cool) and I am the guy who always brings 90% of games to these gatherings. My real life friends are often like me, but not always as chatty and certain ones are very serious about competing.

I go to open board gaming nights as of recent and I would say that a lot of the gamers do fall into the categories in that top 10 list. Most all of them fall into the sterotypical socially awkward "nerd." They all have their quirks, but seem to overall be good dudes and I have been lucky to not yet meet any raging gamers/sore losers. My only gripe with open board gaming is that there is no shortage of players that want to play their game(games) and despite me bringing in 7-10 games a week, I never get to play my stuff. I'm ok with that, but it sucks having so many games that don't see the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Casual Gamer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CDiablo wrote:
Seeing that the list was a "10 Types of Annoying Board Gamer" I wouldn't be surprised if anyone sees much of themselves on that list.

I don't know...I kind of think I'm all of them.

Pete (can be irritating in multiple ways)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.