The U.S. Civil War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Naval actions (question redone) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike F
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a redone version of my question from a few days ago, which had no replies (probably because it was too wordy).

All I really need to check is this, as I've found the advanced rules a bit hard to interpret. Are different Naval actions broadly categorised like this?:

1) Union (Edited: both players have this:]have one free naval action (move and/or attack with a stack), for NSPs only (no SPs).
2) A normal action can do a naval transport, which in will be either of these two:
-- If the stack contains any SPs, then it's limited to friendly-controlled waterways. This will be an ambhibious attack (with its NSPs trying to overcome overcome enemy defences) or just moving troops. Confederates can reverse the usual 'river control is trumped by Union' rule when doing an amphibious attack.
-- If it contains just NSPs, with no SPs, then the stack enjoys more freedom of movement up enemy rivers etc (albeit at risk of being out of supply) and can move and still shoot at enemy naval forces (but not at anything else, except to give +1DRM to friendly amphibious attacks on top of it).
3) Special action cards can also be used as above, or to give various bonuses.

I know there are plenty of small extra rules, but is that the broad picture?

Best

Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Dauphinais
United States
Chesterfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, that is the broad picture (without getting into the details and special situations) for the use of Naval Units in the Advanced Game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike F
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Jim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.