Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Gasch
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a ballpark price point that FF has stated for this starter box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$99
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG has said MSRP is $99.99

They have also said that gamers may want to purchase up to 3 core sets to build and play with full armies, so one may be looking at a price point of $299.97 for the full experience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't seen anyone say three sets. The closest thing I've found is the statement that one box is approximately 1/2 of a full sized army. But even then you wouldn't want to buy multiple boxes because you'd probably rather buy different models or get different cards from the blisters.

Do you have a source for that statement?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
Central Valley California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
I haven't seen anyone say three sets. The closest thing I've found is the statement that one box is approximately 1/2 of a full sized army. But even then you wouldn't want to buy multiple boxes because you'd probably rather buy different models or get different cards from the blisters.

Do you have a source for that statement?

No he doesn't.

A standard game is 200 points; the starter armies cap out nearing 100 points each side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Until everything settles, I'd hold on multiple purchases. They may sneak core-set duplicate unit boxes with unique cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Martin
United States
Fort Leavenworth
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sevej wrote:
Until everything settles, I'd hold on multiple purchases. They may sneak core-set duplicate unit boxes with unique cards.

This! MiniatureMarket.com has pre-orders for ~$85. I was thinking of pre-ordering 2 set, but then I remembered the unique cards on the individual ship purchases for Armada.

On the other hand, I could see myself getting 6 of the Undead Carrion worm cavalry critters...

Great, now I am thinking of buying multiple sets again.

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Montgomery
United States
Joliet
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dear Geek: Please insert the wittiest comment you can think of in this text pop-up. Then times it by seven.
badge
The Coat of Arms of Clan Montgomery - Scotland. Yes, that's a woman with the head of a savage in her hand, and an anchor. No clue what it means, but it's cool.
mbmbmbmbmb
The "three set" comment came from the BGG threads, which is what one user said would be needed if you wanted to build a "maxed out" Reanimates infantry unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Bistro
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In one GC video I saw (I think it was a video?) they mentioned there would be alternate sculpts of some units. That makes me want to wait and see. Which is hard. I want my undead horde!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Cruz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basing from my experience with X-wing minis, I'd like to think 2 Core Sets split between 2 players is the safest entry cost. It's been mentioned in several vids that they will have the individual units in the core set sold in individual blisters. Pretty much like what they did with X-wing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Courtight
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I predict the game will be $99 MSRP for the starter set. However, few people actually pay full MSRP.

Just know that to really play the game you will probably need more, because the starting set is likely to include the absolute minimum and be lacking in variety.

If the game is successful they will probably release figures regularly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.