Dwar7s Fall» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dwarfs - FAQ rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luís Brueh
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Does each player begin the game with all of their kingdom cards in hand, available to play?

A. Every player will start the game with all 9 cards in hand.

2) Do you have to put dwarfs on a castle to benefit from the extra turn it gives you?

A. You do not have to put dwarfs on the castle to get the extra turn benefit.

3) Does each player build their own kingdom, or are all kingdom cards of all players played to form one large interconnected kingdom?

A. The first player will place one (or more) kingdom tile on the board. The next players can use his tile, but they will also need to place at least one new tile adjacent to his tile on board (due the 9 cards hand size limit!) your kingdom is: the tiles placed within your castle card connected by walls. Build tiles on the board "together" but the kingdoms count VPS separated by walls.

4) Can I place a castle on top of another castle?

A. Yes, you can put castles on top of unguarded castles. To prevent that, you just need to place a dwarf on top of your castle. But by experience I think It is not wise to place a castle on top of another castle in games that has more than 2 players (and even in 2 players it can be risky). The guys that are "sharing" the same tile will probably have lots of trouble.

5) When do you draw ogre cards? Does it cost an action?

A. To draw one ogre card you need to complete the action in the ogre's tavern (it will take you 2 dwarf place actions as described in the card). When your turn ends, your dwarfs will return with one ogre card (always remember: kingdom tiles + gems + ogres will count in your 9 cards hand limit - and you cannot discard kingdom tiles!)

6) If an Snow Giant is on your castle at the end of the game, do you still get to count the points from the rest of your Kingdom, or do you essentially not have a Kingdom, since the Giant is sitting on your castle?
A. If you have a winter giant at you castle at the end of a game you have no castle. And also no kingdom points.

7) For the secret goal, can you play those in front of you once you have to remove them from your hand, or do they have to stay in your hand 'til the end?
A. You do not need to spend anything to complete a secret goal, you just need to show it to the other players. (You may reveal the secret goal even when the game is over, provide that you have completed it) Secret goals are like "personal life achievments". So you always keep your current gems & cards used to reach the secret goal.

8) About the ogre "Panic" card: can this be interpreted as "up to two tiles" or does it have to be two tiles exactly?
A. You have to move the dwarf by two tiles. You might move then by the mines as explained in the rulebook.

----
If you still have any question, please feel free to ask me anything. I will try my best to answer you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We haven't opened our copy yet, but I'd like to know... how do you actually say the name of the game? "Dwarfs 7 Fall"? "7 Dwarfs Fall"? "Dwarfs Fall"? etc.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vesuvius Media
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Seven Dwarfs Fall
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question not answered in the rulesbook:
Say I slay a dragon of a player, does this dragon return to his hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luís Brueh
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ausloosd wrote:
Another question not answered in the rulesbook:
Say I slay a dragon of a player, does this dragon return to his hand?

Hi ausloosd! You can find the answer to this question on page 5: monsters.

When you defeat a monster: remove the monster tile from the kingdom and place it along with your goals. A defeated monster is not a goal, but grants you 3 VPS at the end of the game. (you should keep the monster there until the game is ended).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Davis
United States
Alabaster
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2 questions:
If I build my Castle on top of two other cards so that no one can stack on top of it, is it safe? Or can someone "Dig" one of the other tiles from below it thereby covering it up?

Can I place a monster just to defeat it myself and claim the victory points?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantine Kevorque
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
GameGeekNinja wrote:
2 questions:
If I build my Castle on top of two other cards so that no one can stack on top of it, is it safe? Or can someone "Dig" one of the other tiles from below it thereby covering it up?

When you dig you place the top card at the bottom of the stack. So you can dig twice or more to bring any card back to the top of the stack.

GameGeekNinja wrote:
Can I place a monster just to defeat it myself and claim the victory points?

There are no "my tiles" or "your tiles" in Dwar7s. As soon as a tile is placed on the board it is fair play for everyone. Anyone can use it and perform its actions (unless otherwise stated by the rules).

So, yes you can place a beast and then try to defeat it yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven S.
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I've got another question after reading the rulebook.
in the rules there is written:

"Secret goals can be revealed at any point during the game (even at the end of the game before scoring) provided
the requirements written on the secret goal card are met.
"

So, do I have to reveal my secret goal if the requirements are met or can I still keep it hidden?

If I can keep it hidden, is it possible to obtain 3 Trade Goals and then add the already completed hidden secret quest ontop to get more VP?

Sincerely,
StoerGeraeusch

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantine Kevorque
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Yes, you can keep it hidden, BUT there are Secret Goals that you might "lose" later on. For example if you lose your Castle then the Secret goals that depend on your Kingdom can not be earned at a "later" time.

So, it all depends on your strategy. You can finish with more than 3 Goals at the end of the game. The maximum we have seen is 5 by buying 2 Trading Goals on the last turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John S
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
What if I reveal the secret goal for having 8+ tiles in my Kingdom, but one of the players who finish the round makes me unqualified for said secret goal? Does it score? Does the game end even though I now have 2 goals, instead of 2 and a secret goal?

This goal seems as though it would be pretty easy to deny, and if the points aren't scored until end of game, then it is going to be undesirable, and possibly ignored every game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantine Kevorque
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
When you reveal your goal, it is automatically scored and put in front of you face up. You can NOT lose it, whatever might happen later on in the game.

That is why sometimes you might want to keep the Secret goal for the last moment, but it might also be risky because you may not be able to reveal it when you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joanna Pięcek
Poland
Warszawa
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
During his turn a player can move a dwarf on an adjacent tile. Any dwarf (e.g. enemy's dwarf) or his own dwarf only?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantine Kevorque
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
You can not affect other players' dwarfs unless you use an Ogre card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I correct in assuming this faq is outdated?
4 and 8 does not match with the written rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Stangier
Germany
Offenbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbc- wrote:
Am I correct in assuming this faq is outdated?
4 and 8 does not match with the written rules.
You are correct. The 2nd Edition changed a few things, most notably that you can no longer overbuild castles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.