6 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Second mission tips rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don P
Sweden
flag msg tools
Hi we have lost mission 2 twice. 2 player game using William and Agatha. Any better pair of investigators you would recomend? Any tips on how to approach this scenario?

Br
/Don

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mikael mordai
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think you should put a question mark in the title...i thought you actually had some tips for me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How did you lose? Were you eliminated via Horror or Damage? Did the Riot destroy the docks? If the former, then take different investigators that will help with healing, and don't be afraid to use Barricades. If the latter, then you're taking to long. Don't search every single question mark token, only the ones that make sense. Also, now that you know the layout, try to min/max your investigation: only go where important items are. Maybe split up to cover the left and right sides of the map.

As a general difficulty house-rule, if you're still finding the scenario too difficult, consider allowing each investigator three actions instead of two. This should make the scenario dramatically easier but IMHO still enjoyable, since the story is what makes MoM so fun and you won't feel so frustrated by the built-in timer.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Beeson

West Virginia
msg tools
Its the sky writers' code!
badge
I am so sick of that damn code!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have the investigators from the first edition, Kate is a good choice for the second mission. Her flux stabilizer unique item can help manager the mob.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:

As a general difficulty house-rule, if you're still finding the scenario too difficult, consider allowing each investigator three actions instead of two. This should make the scenario dramatically easier but IMHO still enjoyable, since the story is what makes MoM so fun and you won't feel so frustrated by the built-in timer.

-shnar

This is a solid tip that I suggest for anyone struggling with a particular scenario. I think its on par with tweaking the Mythos deck in Eldritch Horror.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Scott
msg tools
I've lost three times now on this but each time I pick up on more information. Recently I lost because the dock was destroyed. I don't think it was time based since I was flying through the game at a decent pace. However, the dock being destroyed occurred after I lit the lantern on the pier which the game explained as the riot noticing I was trying to leave.

My thinking is that the riot performs certain actions at certain points on the board once certain conditions are true. Some may be time based, but I don't think all are.

Next go around, we are going to wait to light the lantern and signal the fog horn at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.