$5.00
$20.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
26 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Variants

Subject: "KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC: THE SITH LORDS" Imperial Assault Custom Expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aiden Fischer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Knights of the Old Republic

Imperial Assualt Custom Expansion

Playable Characters/ Party

Meetra Surik (Jedi Exile)
Health 12 Endurance 3 Speed 5

'Exile's Lightsaber' starting weapon

Canderous Ordo
Health 10 Endurance 6 Speed 4

'Heavy Repeater' starting weapon

HK-47 Health 14 Endurance 4 Speed 4

'Plasma Projector' starting weapon

Jolee Bindo Health 10 Endurance 5 Speed 3

'Walking Stick' starting weapon

Main Story Campaign

1. Save First Jedi
2. Historian Jedi
3. Rescue Jedi Holdout Group
4. Historian Betrayal
5. All Jedi Betrayal
6.FINALE

Side Missions

(Red)
HK-47
Forbidden Mission
-Eliminate the remaining HK Series assassin droids and sabotage the factory
Reward: 'End of the Line'

Canderous Ordo
Mandalore the Preserver
-Acquire Canderous' Mandalorian Armor
Reward: 'Mandalore the Preserver'

Jolee Bindo
Things Lost in the Swamp
-Return to former home in Kashyyyk swamps to get Jolee's old lightsaber
Reward: 'Jolee's Old Lightsaber'

Meetra Surik
Seeding the New Order
-Help Kreia train new padawans
Reward: Kreia as ally

(Green)

Ambush at the Cantina, Reward: Mira
=Ambushed by Bounty Hunters, Objective is to escape through sewers

Death of Zaalbar, Reward: Mission Vao
=Objective is to defeat angry mob

Attempted Assassination, Reward: Visas Marr
=A Set piece battle against would be assassin Visas Marr (Cat and Mouse)

Crash Landing, Reward: Bao-Dur
=Objective is to gather parts needed to repair Ebon Hawk

(Gray)

Protect Khoonda
=Objective is to defend terminals from the Sith

Goto, GO-T0
=Investigate Holotransmission from Goto, Adventure type mission.

Rakghoul Cure
=Battle though the Rakghoul Infested Laboratories to find the last hope of a cure.

Investigate Star Forge Crash Site
=Sent by Kreia to find out anything about the whereabouts of the missing sith lord Darth Revan following the destruction of the Star Forge

Old Republic Deployable Units

1 Meetra Surik, the Jedi Exile (Jedi Guardian 03, COTF)
1 Canderous Ordo (Mandalorian Commander 57, BH)
1 Jolee Bindo
1 HK-47

Allies

2 Echani Handmaiden

1 Bao-Dur

1 Mission Vao

1 Mira

1 Master Kreia (Depa Billaba)

2 Mandalorian Marauders (Mandalorian Marauder)
1 Jedi Historian (Czerka Scientist)
4 Jedi (Clone Strike Jedi Guardian, Captain Antilles, Jedi Consular, Jedi Healer, Jedi Instructor)
1 Jedi Apprentice to Jolee (Corran Horn)

Sith Deployable Units

6 Sith Troopers (3 Per Squad) (Sith Operative)
3 Elite Sith Troopers (3 Per Squad)
4 Bounty Hunters (2 Per Squad)
3 Dark Jedi (Reborn, Dark Side Acolyte, Dark Jedi, Dark Side Adept)
2 Rakghouls
1 Juggernaut War Droid
1 Sith Heavy Assault Droid
4 Sith Apprentices (Emperor's Hand)
2 Sith Assault Droids
1 Hanharr

1 Visas Mar (Jedi Sentinel)

1 Darth Sion (Sith Apprentice?)

1 Darth Nihilus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aiden Fischer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Re: Knights of the Old Republic, Imperial Assault Custom Expansion (Help Welcomed)
Basic Premise

The Story will be a retelling/re-envisioning of KOTOR II: The Sith Lords, with a few unique caveats interpreting story elements from KOTOR (eg: Jolee Bindo, Mission Vao) Taking some liberties with creating a unique story.

Jolee will be considerably older and as such will not use his lightsaber instead becoming more of a force wizard/shaman who will evolve into a mentor to a young padawan of your choosing. his lightsaber cannot be used by him once acquired from his side mission, instead it will be given to an ally of your choice (eg: Rebel Trooper in base game) and they will become his padawan, he will have abilities to assist and mentor them.

Mission Vao's Side mission will involve trying to save her from an angry mob of outer rim swoop bike gangs. Mission will be a much darker character as the side mission in which you recuit her will result in the death of Zaalbar, her best friend. she will retain much of the same skills she had in KOTOR 1 despite this.

The goal is to have 10 abilities for each character (2 printed, 8 class deck)
as well as flesh out rules for all side missions and main campaign fully fleshed out

KOTOR II SPOILERS FOLLOW

The Story will begin with a crawl explaining that the jedi order is all but destroyed and it is your goal to rebuild with a former jedi master and personal mentor of yours Kreia. So you must seek out the remaining jedi. The intro mission will pick up when you are rescuing the first of these jedi. it will follow through you and your parties exploits as you attempt to collect the remaining jedi and follow closely to the story of KOTOR II, interpolating some of the side missions and main story elements of the first KOTOR much like a KOTOR/KOTOR II/SWTOR Greatest hits Campaign. Ending with the finale of Kreia's Sudden but inevitable betrayal. and destruction of all you've built. ending with a rekindling of hope. etc. etc.

as you can see this expansion is something of a fever dream cooked up by a few friends and needs a lot of work. but I think as a community we could come together and make it happen.

If you want it to happen, feel free to give us a hand with whatever you can contribute be it art, writing, mechanics anything helps thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Knights of the Old Republic, Imperial Assault Custom Expansion (Help Welcomed)
I'm very interested. that is one of my favorite games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven Stassen
Belgium
Kessel-Lo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a big KotOR fan myself and am very interested to see what you would be doing. If I can help just let me know.

Are you for example planning on reusing the original game maps?
Or the light/dark jedi mechanics? More force powers? Weapons that are in the game?

I'm open for discussion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aiden Fischer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
my plan was to have the jedi exile to have a much larger class deck (8 cards light side 8 cards dark side) and start with 2XP but have no printed abilities on her character sheet.

for maps I am willing to try just about anything, If possible I think we should design original ones using the core set and expansion tiles, if not I was thinking perhaps use some skirmish maps for missions.

My intention is to retell the story of KotOR II for people who have never played or been exposed to it to experience.

as of right now, firstly we need to brainstorm 10 abilities for all characters (16 for Exile), as well as put down some ideas for sith deployment card abilities(eg: Nihilus, Sith Troopers, Dark Jedi) and mechanics.

next we will begin drawing up rules/objectives for the main campaign mission, followed by the side missions.

lastly we will work on the writing for all mission briefings and events at the same time pulling artwork for the cards.

after that we clean up the last bit of work and edits. then it should be ready to print and play.

If we pull together, we can have an awesome KotOR expansion to play, my friends and I would love to see this happen. so let's make it happen.

If you love KotOR or you love imperial assault, please drop a comment with some ideas or criticisms, if you write well, write an epic monologue for HK's forbidden mission after he eliminates all his assassin droid brothers becoming the last of a dead breed. Or pull some art from the web, better yet make an original Jolee Bindo portrait to use for his character sheet, anything you're good at, contribute it. if you don't think Canderous' abilities capture his character, let us know. we need that too.

We can make whatever we want happen if we work together. Thank you all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Arias
United States
Sanford
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subscribed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aiden Fischer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools

MEETRA SURIK FINISHED!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aiden Fischer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools

HK-47 FINISHED!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aiden Fischer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools

JOLEE BINDO FINISHED!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aiden Fischer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools

CANDEROUS ORDO FINISHED!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aiden Fischer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools

DARTH NIHILUS FINISHED!

DARTH SION FINISHED!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schomburg
United States
Maplewood
MN
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I started making a map of the Ebon Hawk that had a grid for figures. I don't know what your map making plans are or if you have any use for this:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/55874281@N00/540028379/in/date...

ebon hawk - June 07 by brianschomburg, on Flickr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Richardson
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
These look amazing!!! I have a potential rule question regarding his Stasis ability. Say you're targeting a figure from a stormtrooper deployment...but maybe this trooper is isolated and by himself. Would it really be fair to exhaust the entire deployment? Especially if they are nowhere near Bindo. Maybe that figure is disabled instead? Or stunned? I could just imagine Jolee becoming very OP with this ability. Again these are amazing. KOTOR was one of my favorite games, and i'm growing to love Imperial Assault as well. Can't wait for this to be completed!!! Keep up the amazing work!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aiden Fischer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Thanks, Definitely needed this made, I plan on using this for the mission in which you acquire Visas Marr, and another mission involving saving some Jedi from a Sith ship using a small shuttle, while also defending the Ebon Hawk. Much appreciated.

If we could get to work on some weapon cards for our heroes that would be great as a next step.

Jolee Bindo- Walking Stick (Basically a Wizard Staff), It should have a force ability printed on it, maybe something to give stun at range...

Canderous Ordo- Mandalorian Heavy Repeater, strong mid range

Meetra Surik- Meetra's Second Lightsaber/ LS of the Exile, Exile's LS, something to that affect

HK-47- Droid Assassin's Rifle or generic blaster rifle and his side mission could allow DAR as a reward card. Longer Range.

http://www.starwarsmmolevelingguide.com/wp-content/gallery/c...

I think art simialar to that would be good, something to differentiate he and Mandalore's weapons.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aiden Fischer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools

Bao-Dur Finished!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aiden Fischer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools

Mission Vao Finished!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aiden Fischer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools

MIRA FINISHED!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aiden Fischer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools

Hanharr Finished!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aiden Fischer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools

Visas Marr Finished!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aiden Fischer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
JoshRiches, I appreciate the help with balancing, I honestly hadn't even thought about the distance away for stasis. I like the idea of Jolee being able to freeze an entire squad of troopers, or a single more powerful enemy but I haven't thought of a way to limit it in regards to the whole squad not being there.

Give me some tips on some of this new batch, definitely needs balance assistance badly.
Thanks Again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aiden Fischer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
ALL STARTING WEAPONS FINISHED!!!!

The Jedi Exile

HK-47

Jolee Bindo

Canderous Ordo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Doggie
msg tools
I don't know how much I would be able to help develop the content ( though I am willing to try) but I am definitely up for helping playtest or something similar, if you need the help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aiden Fischer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools

HANDMAIDEN FINISHED!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aiden Fischer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
A few new weapons, getting back into finishing the expansion soon hopefully. Still need help with some writing, design concepts, and playtesting. message me if interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren mcnally
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Just playing a campaign at the moment but would like to try this after
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.