Subject: A question about 'dumping' samples rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Eames
United Kingdom
Leicester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Say I have collected a couple of samples, thus locking up 2 of my dice. When it is my turn to roll can I decide to 'dump' the two samples back into the treatment center and reclaim the two dice that where locked up? Thus rolling all my dice.

For eg I have 2 blue samples, another player has collected 4 blue samples and it seems unlikely I can get my 2 samples over to him without wasting turns, Can I dump the 2 blue ones and get my dice back? Leaving the 2 blue treated dice for the other player to sample later?

Alternatively, I have 2 blue samples and there are no more blue infections out, It would be handy to just dump these 2 back into the treatment center so I can roll the 2 dice during my roll.

My only concern is this could be 'gamed' a little by just sampling as much as I can if I have fears of an impending epidemic and then dumping them all back in after the epidemic has happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christina Crouch
United Kingdom
Tadley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot choose to dump samples. The dice you have made into samples hold the samples until you or another player finds the cure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a quote from the "fine points" section of the rulebook to further clarify:
Quote:

"If you ever begin your turn and all of your dice are locked up as samples, you may unlock one of them to roll. Place the extra
Infection die “sample” into the Treatment Center"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Eames
United Kingdom
Leicester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hoovee wrote:
Here's a quote from the "fine points" section of the rulebook to further clarify:
Quote:

"If you ever begin your turn and all of your dice are locked up as samples, you may unlock one of them to roll. Place the extra
Infection die “sample” into the Treatment Center"

D'oh how did I manage to miss that despite looking through the rules specifically for that kind of info? Thanks, that's just what I needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.