Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a situation where there was a single Enemy in the Combat Zone as I got to the Strike Phase. It struck and I drew Explosion, causing me to also draw a Ship Strike, Limping, which then added an Episode card to the Verse, pushing another card to the Combat Zone which also happened to be another Enemy.

I then drew a second Crew Strike for the new enemy that had appeared. This is correct, right? The rule on p12 says that you handle them one at a time from right to left, and you add them from the left, so I assume new ones that show up will start attacking you immediately, even though they weren't in the Combat Zone at the start of the Strike Phase.

Or is it like I Can Kill You with My Brain, that only cards that were there when the Strike Phase started are cued to attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert McPherson
United States
Ft. Wainwright
ALASKA
flag msg tools
I'll play
badge
Vigilo Confido
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I would play it like you suggested at first. Part of resolving the first strike is drawing the ship strike and part of the ship strike is pushing another card into the combat zone. I'd say that it was there before the first strike ended and was, therefore, also able to strike. Just my take on it though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Mandel
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
I had a situation where there was a single Enemy in the Combat Zone as I got to the Strike Phase. It struck and I drew Explosion, causing me to also draw a Ship Strike, Limping, which then added an Episode card to the Verse, pushing another card to the Combat Zone which also happened to be another Enemy.

I then drew a second Crew Strike for the new enemy that had appeared. This is correct, right? The rule on p12 says that you handle them one at a time from right to left, and you add them from the left, so I assume new ones that show up will start attacking you immediately, even though they weren't in the Combat Zone at the start of the Strike Phase.

This is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.