Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nigel Clarke
England
Dursley
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried searching for this one but couldn't find a direct answer.
My wife recruited Foresters from a village and wanted to know whether they could be activated immediately to move 2, to explore?
The rules says units are ready as soon as they are recruited....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the unit is immediately available, but no, the Action Phase comes after Movement, so you can't recruit and then explore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonia
Germany
Aachen
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
banzai123 wrote:
I tried searching for this one but couldn't find a direct answer.
My wife recruited Foresters from a village and wanted to know whether they could be activated immediately to move 2, to explore?
The rules says units are ready as soon as they are recruited....

You can not move in the same turn, because the interaction to gain the Forester was your action for the turn.

Quote:
Rulebook, pg. 5
5.d. You may do only one action each turn (mandatory or
voluntary). If you want to move and/or reveal new tiles,
you must do it before taking an action. You cannot move or
reveal map tiles after an action
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Clarke
England
Dursley
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
Yes, the unit is immediately available, but no, the Action Phase comes after Movement, so you can't recruit and then explore.

That's the conclusion we came to.
So, we are very new to the game, what things could a newly recruited unit be useful for immediately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
banzai123 wrote:
So, we are very new to the game, what things could a newly recruited unit be useful for immediately?

Spend it for Influence to recruit more units.
Spend it to Heal.
Spend it to ready another Unit.
Spend it to generate mana or crystals.

There are probably other possibilities, but those are the ones that come to mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Keys
Australia
flag msg tools
Muad Dib wrote:
You can not move in the same turn, because the interaction to gain the Forester was your action for the turn.

You can not move "any more", when you take an action your movement for the turn is ended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonia
Germany
Aachen
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bart_aus wrote:
Muad Dib wrote:

You can not move "any more", when you take an action your movement for the turn is ended.

Well, correct.
But the quote from the rulebook should make that point pretty clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can still activate them for movement, but I can't think about a case were that would help you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its been a while since I last played, so I'm not sure when Call to Arms can be played, but the strong effect, iirc, allows you to recruit a unit from the offer for free. If the card can be played at any time other than interaction, then you could use that to recruit and (possibly) immediately use the +2 move from Foresters.

Edit: this doesn't apply to the OP since the question specified recruiting in a village, but rather to the tangent of "when" it might be useful to use the +2 move after recruiting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.